Our organisation was founded in January 2008 in Switzerland and started its projects in Kenya in May 2008. We work in rural areas of Kiptere, Kericho District and our aim is to improve the socio-economic status of the communities. We support them through different projects and want to help them to improve their living standards through mobilization of the available resources.
The main objective of the project is to help farmers - who are not able to pay school fees for their children. This help is to escape the vicious circle of poverty. This project wants to give these farmers an easy access to investment money to enable them to thrive and invest in the children’s education.
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
You can become part of a motivated team and work in a small village in Kenya. Your work will be greatly appreciated by our team and we can offer you a lot of interesting duties during your stay.
We organize a host family for you and during the work we pay the transport costs and the lunch.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested to work closely with our team in Kiptere. We determine the duties of each volunteer in advance depending on the experiences and interests of each person. We can offer administration work, project development or creative work in our workshop. It is further possible to work in one of our projects and help our team in daily activities.
Possible duties are
- organize school trainings together with our water Project team about health and Hygiene
Possible duties are
- organize and attend school trainings about health and hygiene topics
- visit families to teach them about hygiene and health issues
- write reports about our project progress
- write a newsletter for our sponsors
- organize computer trainings for our staff
- help our team to harvest coffee
- Network with other organizations to get more knowledge and funds
- Administration work
- write proposals for new projects
- organize trips for our team or the children we support
- organize a football tournament
Host family in the village
A host family will be organized for your stay in Kiptere. The families live in modest circumstances, but are very hospitable and prepare morning and evening meals for the volunteers. You have your own private room and a key to lock your room.
Walking from the office to the host family can take half an hour or even one hour. Especially in the evening this is a good opportunity to meet people. Alternatively a bodaboda (motorcycle taxi) can bring you to our office.
At the moment we are looking for volunteers who speak English and German.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week