Favourited 2339 times
Thank you for your interest in our Cafe and what we are doing here in Busan!
We operate an International Language exchange café for travelers in Kyungsung-dae university district in the city of Busan. This is one of the liveliest districts in the city, nestled amongst the two biggest universities with convenient subway access to all over the city and our cafe only being 2 minutes on foot from the station and only 15 minutes away from the beach.
Our goal is to provide a friendly and open-minded environment where local students and residents can practice English conversation, cultural and foreign language exchanges, have fun, and make friends through conversation, games, and events at our café.
You need to be able to speak English confidently because your primary duty will be to facilitate English conversation with café members. You will have access to many games at the café to assist you with this activity but you will be surprised at how easily you can talk with the members as they have many questions for you.
You can also share your culture and language and will also have the opportunity to learn about Korean culture through conversations with our members.
What We Expect when visiting our cafe
• Talking with Korean members of our cafe for 4 hours a day; we have no curriculum so you need to be a very social person who is good at communicating and able to change their speech pattern to fit the customer. Sometimes you should talk slower and more clearly than other times.
• Easy to get along with others and live in close quarters with others; good personal hygiene is a must for this job as you will be talking with people everyday and living with many others.
Opening hours in the cafe
The Korean members of our cafe visit at different times for mostly 3 hours at a time
• Monday to Friday 1pm-9pm (1-5pm, 5-9pm)
• Saturday (1pm-5pm) + 3 additional shifts on week day
• Sunday off
What We Offer
• Accommodation - Bed, bedding, personal lockers, washing machine, washing powder
• WiFi in your dorm
• Weekends OR some of the weekdays off
• One of a kind experience in Korea where you will make life long friends and be able to learn all about Korean culture
• Relaxed work environment with foreign managers who understand your needs very well and can provide you with any help you need.
• Aged 18-35 (Women) 18-30 (Men)
• Fluent English conversation ability (do not have to be native English speaker)
• Minimum Stay: 1 month (30 days) Maximum stay: 3 months.
• Professional conduct, excellent personal hygiene, sociable and friendly.
• Arrival on weekdays between 1pm-9pm or Saturday between 1pm-5pm (any other time please contact us before so we can come and meet you at the cafe)
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
We are looking for open minded people who can be a part of our family.
We want to meet with people who are spontaneous, fun, friendly, and responsible.
What we do here in Busan is unique! We are not the typical language exchange. We work hard, play hard, and make many friends along the way ; )
If you believe that you can learn something from the experience we offer and you feel our members can learn from your life's adventures, come be part of our family and enjoy the best experience in Korea!
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
There is 2 rooms with 4 bunk beds ( both of them are mixed) and one Girl's only room (2 bunk beds) available :)
Busan is an amazing city to visit and live in and made even better when staying in the Cafe as the Korean customers in our cafe are always taking the travelers out to see things in the city or surrounding countryside.
Some of our travelers have attended customers weddings, graduations, many birthday parties and other things that your average tourist would never have the chance to experience.
Busan has many beautiful beaches and in summer it's a great way to spend the day and often we do go down as a big group to the beach and play games, drink and laugh together.
If you like shopping then Korea is an amazing country to visit with a range of cheap and expensive goods; I personally love shopping in the Nampo markets of Busan where you can find all kinds of boutique shops selling unique clothes for a very competitive price. Koreans really love fashion and make up and there are all kinds of styles available here in Busan.
Seoul isn't very far away and can be reached by KTX in 3 hours or bus in 5 hours and so it is definitely possible to travel to Seoul on your weekend if you want to see the famed big city; smaller cities are also nearby such as Ulsan and Daegu if you want to see what they have to offer.
Overall Korea is a great place to spend time and experience the culture. Korean people love to eat out and there are so many restaurants everywhere and great bars. Drinking is very cheap here and so many volunteers take advantage of this opportunity every night by partying but don't shy away if you aren't the partier as theres many temples and mountains to see or noraebangs to sing your heart out in.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
4 hours a day, 5 days a week or Saturday (4 hours)+ 3 days (4 hours) additionally on the week time
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: