Frankreich, Kanada, Niederlande, Norwegen, Portugal, Spanien, USA
01.01.2018 - 01.07.2018
unterwegs auf Reisen
My name is Rudi, a recently retired high school music teacher who was born in Holland. Emigrated with my parents to Australia as a one year old. After a short stay in Holland in my early 20's I traveled to Norway where I stayed for 15 years, mostly living and running a bio dynamical small holding using fjording horses, producing hand churned butter. Moved back to Australia in 1985 where I built my family a home on 50 acres. After a marriage breakup, studied to be a teacher. Retired as a music teacher end of 2014. Outside of Workaway I have been on extended stays on the biggest bio dynamic farms in Norway. At first (due to my age as I was a lot older than most of the 'praktikanter' or farming students), the farmers, Rune and Inger, were hesitant at inviting me to stay on their farm, run as a foundation. However, on the day I left in 2015, Rune said he was glad they had taken that step as I had successfully completed some major painting projects and also had a positive personal social influence (with my Australian sense of humour?).
In amongst all this I have 3 grown children and also one grand-daughter.
One of my focus's is to find a host near the ocean, to surf, which is a passion of mine, almost equal to my main obsession, music! I am a semi-professional trumpet player.
The whole purpose of my joining this organisation is to work for my food and lodgings whilst traveling. Having recently retired, my income dropped dramatically yet I now have plenty of time.
Born 30.03.51 Heerlen, Holland
• Finished High School Form V in 1968
• Joined R.A.N. in 1968.
• Served 5 years as a Naval Musician in the Royal Australian Navy.
• Moved to the Netherlands in 1971.
• Studied music for 1 year at the Maastricht Conservatorium.
• Moved to Norway in 1973.
• Worked as a cook in a vegetarian restaurant in Oslo for 3 years.
• Leased a farm for 10 years implementing Biodynamic farming methods.
• Moved back to Australia in 1983.
• Over the next 15 years did farming work on own farm, while breeding Clydesdale draught horses in Kenilworth, Queensland.
• Moved to Melbourne in 1998 and completed 2 years full time study at the Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar. Gained an Advanced Diploma In Rudolf Steiner Education.
• Moved to Coffs Harbour in January 2000. Commenced 3rd and 4th year BE full-time studies by correspondence through the University of New England.
• Was admitted to the degree of Bachelor of Education on the 15th day of March 2002.
• Taught private brass lessons at Bishop Druitt College for 3 years from 2000 as well as some casual relief teaching.
• Completed one years full time employment as a Class 1 teacher at Chrysalis Steiner School. During this time I also took grades 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in both Music and Woodwork.
• In 2003 accepted the temporary position of Music Teacher at Moree Secondary College, having responsibility for 13 classes ranging from Year 7 to Year 10.
• At the end of Term 3 I successfully completed my probationary period, thereby gaining my official Teaching Certificate from the N.S.W. Department of Education and Training.
• In 2004 completed the temporary position of Class 5/6 teacher at Moree
East Primary School.
• In 2005 gained the permanent position of ‘Willing to teach’ Special Education with
responsibility for a combined Year 7,8 and 9 IM class at Moree Secondary College.
• In 2006 filled the role of Support Teacher-Special Education. Music lessons for IO
students. Supporting students in the integrated classroom classified as IM .
• In 2007 took responsibility for the IO class at Moree Secondary College.
• After continuing on in 2008 as IO Special Education Teacher at Moree Secondary
College, gained a transfer to Corindi Public School in Coffs Harbour as a Year 2
• Resigned from my permanent position from the DET at Corindi Public School in June 2009 for personal reasons and received Casual Approval from the DET as from this date.
• Commenced a long term Temporary engagement as Music Teacher at South Grafton High School from June 2010 up to 2015.
- In 2017 gained Certification To Teach in Queensland. Spent all of Term 4 teaching at Rosedale Central School. K to 12.
Built my timber own home from Australian hardwoods. Extensive painting. General farming. Serious woodworking hobby both doing sculptures as well as 'bruks kunst' or usable art - making wooden spoons and ladles. Play music (mainly classical) on the trumpet. Spent time as a house husband so I cook food and bake bread.