Please read carefully, will be required that you mention about what got your attention of the profile and a "hidden word" in your first mail just to be sure you really understand the project and the conditions, thanks.!!
Sleeping in a tree is the meaning of the project's name in the nahuatl language, but in this project it’s not taking so literally, but is used like an analogy that involve all the concept; sleeping as any activity and tree as the natural environs, where both logic mutually play in harmony. And that’s what is seeking here; live and act in a respectful way with the environment.
The project’s goal is get close to the nature again “ back to the roots”, make and practicing sustainable actions for
the community’s good-being, hoping the project’s model could be replicated by some-others and learn from the projects that already work.
The activities are based through the principles of permaculture, green technologies and sustainable process,
taken the best in the local rural life with global thinking and connections that permit learn, teach, apply and replay
cultural, social, economical, political, academical features to satisfy the human and social needs but always looking
for the less impact as possible to the planet.
The project has born in Guadalajara by me: Adrian an early-retired industrial designer who wants to change the way of living and consuming and one of the changes was leave the city to create this place in Atengo; a county part of the Sierra de Amula region that have lots of attractions or sightseeing, like cascades one of them more than 90mts height, fresh air/smell in a whole pine forest, natural swimming pools, rivers, climbing rocks, do trekking in near mountains with great views, also the friendly people that live in.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
Being here you can be involved in a good ambiance to get a Spanish immersion, so if you are thinking to learn or practice your language skills with the traditional jaliscician culture and locals activities like: getting milk from a cow, making cheese, ride a horse or do charro sports.
Being into the Sierra de Amula area is also offered some activities related to, such as: trekking, climbing, camping, swimming and flora and fauna appreciation/conservation, there are also archeological, cultural and natural paths to discover, it's not forgetting to relax in the waterfalls or a watching the sky at nights full of stars (if you are lucky some meteor-shower).
Other activities can be fixed depends on what your interested in, let's make your staying useful and unforgettable.
This is a new Eco project that needs creative volunteers full of energy who are open in sharing ideas in how to build a workable sustainable place where all can enjoy.
Here are some of the things that need to be fixed (updated):
- Build and repair the house and garden,
- Planting seeds and harvesting fruits and vegetables.
- Alternative constructions such as rest areas, grill, etc...
- Now thinking in some stone paths, if you know how to work this more than welcome!
- If most of these activities don't fit your skill or interest; the project is open for other suggestions.
Outreach to the local community is also an important goal of this project so there are some other activities that involve us with the town
This could be a great opportunity for everyone to learn, teach and share how to live a Eco friendly lifestyle.
It's ask for 4 days to work (maximum 6 hours) with 3 free complete days, with 3 meals a day
Englisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Dieser Gastgeber gibt an, dass er dir gern seine Muttersprache beibringt oder selbst eine Sprache lernen möchte.
Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn, um weitere Auskünfte zu erhalten.
At the moment is offered a room for the visitors with two beds and some blankets. There are some other spaces to camp if want. At home doesn't have some facilities like: kitchen, electricity, running water nor hot water, but it's a safe and quite place to sleep/camp. (In the town it's possible use wifi and electricity).
The meals at home are flexible but is common to take fruit and vegetables recovered mostly mix with cereals and grains.
- Could help if you add an email account to the first mail you send, it helps to add some other files.
- The hidden word or the proof is: cuacochi, so don't miss to write it in your mail.
- Would be a good idea if we share seeds or music, could you bring some?
- Here is not a work-only space it's appreciated if we share some time talking or enjoying.
- Tried to be flexible, but this is a SMOKE UNFRIENDLY place, please don't bring tobacco, cigarettes neither drugs, thanks.
- If you ask for a stay, please confirm it. Or in case or not, send a mail saying (sorry). This cause there's few space and i book the room for you, so if you are not coming tell me to open the space to others.
- Trips and other activities are not included. If you want to visit some places and represent a cost, we can talk about it.
- Consider: the project is settled in a wild area, that included wild fauna, be aware If you're afraid or sensitive of.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
There is not restriccions of parking spaces, but the services (electricity, water, graywater plugs ) can't be provided.
Could be dogs of cats, but just to mention there are more other animals at home, one dog and the wild animals
4 days to work (maximum 6 hours) with 3 free complete days (max 25 hours)
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: