Bisher 251 mal gespeichert
We are hosting 28 September onwards
We cannot host in 17 - 22 December
For now, we need help in these areas
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ painting our place, the kitchen, metal door, metal windows. Prior experience is essential. (Most of the time you will be helping with painting)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ We also need a lot of help with learning and practicing German. We are looking for native speakers to help us with this task.
*️️️️️️Decluttering, organising, and possibly decorating the home.
* Teaching piano to children / helping children with music theory homework.
The best day to arrive is on Saturday and Sunday. You must not arrive on Wednesday and Thursday
I am a music teacher. I teach music at the living room in my home and my student's home.
I am also a piano technician. I tune and repair pianos. On a typical week, I work up to 70 hours. Therefore, I need help.
I live in a local government housing area. In my building, you will see many local people and the way of their daily life. I am located in Georgetown, Penang Island. My building is very near the sea.
My home is a musical and vegetarian home. We only eat vegan and vegetarian meals. You are allowed to play music in my home only from 9am until 7pm on weekdays only.
I am most keen to learn about scandinavian and nordic culture, because they have the best education system in the world. I also speak some German, and would be very glad to learn even more about the culture and language.
I have a three room apartment 650 sq feet. I teach music and live in my apartment. You will live with me too. I have two more friends teaching music in my apartment.
You will see young children coming to my place to learn.
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
The place where is stay is just a 3km walk to the city center. It is very convenient and bus 12 goes there.
There are many museums in the heritage area to visit.
You can learn about my country and culture, and my experience studying abroad. You are most welcome to follow me to orchestra or choir practice (available during performance season)
I don't have any days off work but whenever I have a morning or afternoon free, we can go hiking or to the park.
I offer music lessons (Minimum 3 weeks stay) and piano repair lessons (minimum 2 months stay) to workawayer at a discounted rate. Please ask me more about this.
Helping my work
- Music Teacher (We have a lot of Piano students, please write more about your musical experiences and we will consider)
- Write and create music homework for young children. Prepare activity sheets for children to colour or write.
- Helping in Piano repairs (depending on projects)
Help at home
- Cleaning and organizing, decluttering
- Painting my home
- Cooking vegan and vegetarian food. ( no frying with oil)
- Sewing (cutting fabric and sewing by hand)
- Teaching and practice German
- Teaching Spanish
- Teaching me about woodworking , wiring , plumbing, sewing.
I am looking for someone honest, patient , punctual, reliable, sensible, far sighted, health conscious, healthy ( not overweight , not obese) ,early bird and willing to learn new things.
I STRICTLY do not host children, smokers, drug user, and people who use profanity and also those who do not bother to read my profile.
I host maximum of 2 workawayers. I host single female. I also host couples.
However, I only host single men with good references.
You must help on weekends. You have 2 off days a week.
If both people come, you have to be able to be separated and work independently.
You must wake up early. Tasks usually start at 8.30am
You must always be punctual.
I do not have internet at home. If you love internet, this place is not for you.
English, Malay, Chinese, German
There are two types of accommodation
1) without food, one person work 15 hours a week.
2) with food, one person work 25 hours a week. I buy vegetables and you have to cook yourself. I provide 10 meals a week.
Minimum stay is 7 days however preference will be given to those who could stay for a minimum of 15 days.
I will write out a weekly schedule for you depending on the hourly agreement. This is a guideline and you can shift around the hours depending on your preference. I will ask you to keep track of the hours that you work. There are generally two days off a week. If you want more days off a week, you can work longer hours other days.
You are only allowed to cook vegetarian food in my home. No cooking with oil. No frying, no deep frying.
The room for workawayers has light, fan, window, mattress. If you are alone, you may share the bedroom with another workawayer because I host a maximum of 2 person.
I have no time to cook for you. There are many food sold outside my place and food here is affordable.
Things that I provide during your stay :
Mattress, Pillow, Blanket, bath soap, shampoo, toothpaste, drinking water, tea
I do not provide:
Your responsibilities :
When you live with me, you will be treated like a family. Therefore , it is your responsibility to keep the place that you stay clean.
- Please vacuum the home at least once a week.
- Change the bedsheets and pillow cases before you leave, put the used bedsheet, pillow case and blanket in the washing machine and I will wash them, so that the next guest will have clean place to live. Do not do unto others what you dont want them to do
keeping the common place tidy :
- pick up your hair after you shower and throw in the rubbish bin
- clean up the kitchen and dining table after using
- arrange books back into the shelf after reading.
- recycle as many things as you can ( Water, paper, plastic)
- compost fruit and vegetable scraps
HOW TO COME TO MY HOME :
Coming by train is the safest way. Take a train to Butterworth. From butterworth, walk and take the ferry to go to Penang island.
Once you reach the island, from the Jetty , take Bus number 12 to Ocean View. You can also walk for 3km if you do not want to take the bus.
If you take bus or flight to penang, take any bus that goes to Komtar or Jetty. From jetty or komtar, take bus 12 to Ocean View.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO OBSERVE IN MY HOME
do not offer meat and seafood to us (we are vegetarian).
You are only allowed to cook vegetarian food in my home.
You are NOT allowed to use oil to cook in my place. (No deep-frying, no frying)
As I also teach music in my home and have children coming to my home, you have to be understanding that children can be noisy at times!! You should be comfortable being around children.
Understand that I work everyday and I have no day offs, so I have little time to spend with you. My job is busy. Most days, I work as early as 8.30am and finish work at 10pm.
Please include the following in your message, to show that you have read everything in my profile
- Arrival and departure date, time. How are you coming? By bus, train flight?
- Minimum and Maximum length of stay.(Minumum 15days ,Maximum stay is 1 month)
- Type of accommodation you want me to provide (with of without food. Please refer above for more info)
- Highest level of education
- Type of work that you prefer to do.
- Hobbies and interest
- Whatsapp number
- Why do you choose Penang as a destination? And why do you want to work at my place?
- What is your biggest fear, what can you not do, and how are you going to improve that?
- How can my work / home make you a better person?
- What would you love to learn while working at my place?
- What can I learn from you by hosting you?
I live in a Muslim country, so please dress according to the custom. Please refrain from wearing revealing clothing such as: showing your butt crack and cleavage. If you have tattoos, wear clothes that cover your tattoo.Do not eat pork in front of my Muslim neighbors. Be respectful to them.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 25 hours, 5 days a week
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: