Bisher 270 mal gespeichert
We are a small Ethiopian company focusing on athletics tourism and solar energy projects
We organises altitude training for every level of fitness enthusiast. We also run an athletics club in Addis Ababa - through which we work to broaden our athletes' skills in areas such as English, communication skills, athletics coaching and massage.
Our solar energy project focuses on electrification of off grid households (70%) of Ethiopia.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
Spending time with us presents an excellent opportunity for self-starters to advance marketing, web skills, computer design or conversation-focused English teaching skills with a small Ethiopian project. You can gain first-hand experience of living and training at altitude alongside the best (if running is of interest to you, but it doesn't have to be), while also mixing with elite athletes and renewable energy enthusiasts, experiencing Addis Ababa's rich culture, social life and fresh food. You can also learn some Amharic.
We would like help with any of the following:
(1) Update website content and social media content by working with programmes such as WordPress, Microsoft Excel, MailChimp and Google Analytics
(2) Design leaflets, posters and events materials using programmes such as InDesign and PhotoShop;
(3) Conduct creative video editing and compilation (using Windows Movie Maker or equivalent programme) from our existing folder of clips, in addition to filming new footage;
(4) Help on documentation of a strategic plan, business model development and improvements;
(5) Draft a comprehensive implementation plan for a charity fun run event (minimum 100 participants), scheduled to take place in late 2019;
(6) Plan and deliver a short course of basic English and computer lessons to our local club athletes, with a focus on sports tourism, spoken English practice and social media and email usage through role plays and use of new vocabulary.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please give some details about which of these tasks you would be most interested in (and best suited to) working on.
English, French, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Oromifa
We are a 20-minute walk from the eucalyptus forests and Entoto Hills of Addis Ababa, and a 45-minute bus journey from the city centre. Room and board (three meals per day) provided.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
6-8 hours per day, 5 days a week