Bisher 1047 mal gespeichert
We 're 2 persons and since 2018 we cooperate at this piece of land to set up our lives according to ecological principles. One of us , the owner of the land is coming and going, while the other person is permanently living at the land. During the last year a third person has joined, also living here and we hope that more people might join in the future. We re artists and nature lovers, so we decided to put these two points as guides in our path.
The eco project.
We are interested in researching and practice natural building and experiment with various ways of organic farming (natural, permaculture, regenerative). The land is a hill more than 6 hectares, located at the foot of mount kaimaktsalan, 3rd tallest mountain in Greece. On the hill there are about 1000 walnut trees, plus many other nut and fruit trees, some wild, local and other varieties. A wild forest of pine, oak and other trees is surrounding our hill.
We try to apply natural farming as far as possible, the most mild way of farming, according to which we try to limit human interference in nature, while establishing a balanced eco system.
We 've created 3 artificial lakes, which collect the rain water and supply the farm. Swimming at the lakes is possible as long as you 're not afraid of weeds and animals that live in them...
The art project.
We want to establish a space for art communication and exchange. During summer times, we'll be organizing workshops, communal creation days, invite individual artists who are inspired from living in our land and work on their projects.
First goal on this direction was to host the 1st art festival in summer '19. Through it we exchanged our passions on music, performances, tale narration, improvisation, workshops, aiming in creating a network of artists and looking for common directions between different art forms.
In august 2019 we also hosted our first workshop on physical theater.
While combining the two, we try to build the infrastructures with a creative aesthetic, so that at some point everything on the land will be part of an artistic composition.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
you ll be learning a lot of of mixed skills that have to do with a full length eco project.
our goal is to move towards sustainability and organize our lifestyles in the most ecological way possible. we try to practice
- natural farming techniques
- natural building
- permaculture design in farming and construction
- food drying, processing, canning
- landscape art, sculpting , painting and more..
-any kind of building, construction experience is highly appreciated, work with stone, clay, wood is always taking place around the land.
-renovation of a house build in a rock. the main construction has been set up and now we need to plaster walls, paint, create wooden floor and fix some details.
- there's an on going cob house building, the biggest and most challenging project until now. the idea is to construct a whole house with natural materials mostly gathered from the area around, with almost no budget. this project will last long time. it will proceed in different steps. the first one is to close 2 rooms, living room, kitchen, so that it becomes livable.
at the moment the masonry foundation is going on.
- we 're looking for painters to decorate the space around with murals.
- we are looking for people with carpentry experience. There are always needs on the field. At the moment if possible create some doors, window frames, for the cob house.
- a duck house from cob is on progress and awaits to be completed. Also preparing the duck space around, built a fence and a little water space. Once done with it, next step for accommodating happy ducks is preparation of a small pond for them.
all year tasks:
-when we have many volunteers cooking will be another job one of them can take care.
-herb picking/ drying
-we also take care of the first natural farm that was created in greece, so depending the season there are different maintenance tasks there as well. The farm has been abandoned and its not really productive for the moment. A few stuff that grows we consume them.
at the moment we can provide a huge camping area under a walnut tree forest. we have 2 tents with mattresses and a hummock for volunteers, but since from times to times more people are joining, it is preferable if you could bring your own camping gear.
when climate is getting chilly, or if you dont prefer tents, there is a communal room with mattresses at the floor, which you can also use for sleeping.
we can offer 2 meals per day, usually vegan and sometimes vegetarian options. We re cooking a communal dinner usually late in the evening. also we provide the basic ingredients for volunteers if they need extra meal to cook by themselves, plus fruits, and walnuts.
the area around our land is typical north greece forest mountain scape.
very close by there are hot springs (pozar), coming out from the mountain, next to a cold river, in a magical natural landscape.
you ll find a few little villages around, with local residents, totally free from tourist industry pollution.
in summertime local celebrations take place in the villages nearby with a kind of local balkan music. but the big balkan music events take place during carnival time (end of february), plus the best balkan carnival of north greece at beginning of January.
There is no public transport to our land so we can pick you up from edessa or aridea towns, or you can hh to the village.
- if you ask for more than 1,5 month in advance we can just reply a maybe. we have flexible schedule, so cant book places long in advance. plus we receive spontaneous requests, that finally people cancel without letting us know, so its hard to plan for future capacity.
- pls if we give you a positive reply and you change plans, let us know!
- sometimes it might happen that there aren't other volunteers and we might be too busy with the farm works, meaning that you 're expected to be comfortable with spending a bit of alone time and
occupy yourselves. There's a lot of wild nature to explore around or you can find unique time for relaxation, listening to the sounds of the woods, or getting inspired to create something.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Platz für Wohnmobile.
mehr als zwei
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: