My project entails K12 High School education that especially caters to the educational needs of the rural populace. The institution is located at Rishikesh (commonly known as Yoga capital of the world) in tranquil environs at a sacred village bordering a protected Biodiversity National Park.
This institution was established in 1985 as a non-profit by a philanthropist in the memory of his revered 'Guru' with a mission to provide excellent contemporary education to underserved communities at affordable rates. While satisfying the usual curriculum requirements I endeavor to provide to students holistic education for the all-round development of their personality to be responsible leaders/citizens and ambassadors of this country. I like to engage students in meaningful interaction with the environment and in voluntary community service so that we can together play an active role in nation building.
I have recently completed my MBA from IE Business School, Madrid, wherein I pursued courses that inspired me to make a deeper social impact at the bottom of my pyramid in my country.I have been working at as Director for almost half a decade. Although the institution has stood the test of time rendering service tirelessly for 33 years, I am now looking to challenge the status quo and implement best practices so as to deliver contemporary education of the highest quality, especially focusing on experiential learning. Rote learning is perhaps the biggest hurdle I wish to conquer and over the years I have seen students need cross-cultural immersion as well as exposure to discover and develop their interests and gifts.
Having had the good fortune to be taught by some amazing mentors from across the globe, I seek to attract good faculty/interns and provide to them academic freedom, institutional autonomy, and facilities for research to work with the students. I am seeking help from volunteers/interns to support us with English communication, co-curricular activities (Music, Art, Debating etc), sports (Football, Cricket, Tennis, Basketball etc.) and other rural development plans.
I will be happy to host you and take care of your requirements during your stay.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
1 Internship Certificate.
2.Accommodation with Meals
3. Sports Facilities
4. Weekend Trips can be made to Haridwar, Rishikesh, Dehradun & Mussoorie.
5. Opportunity to work at grassroots and participate in nation building.
6. Workstation with desktop, internet, and printing access.
7. Above all, constant mentorship and direction from experienced trainers that will make your experience worthwhile.
Roles And Responsibilities:
1. Facilitates day-to-day classes to assist students in gaining English Communication and soft-skills
2. Organise competitions, seminars/lectures/presentations so that students get an opportunity to speak. Train students to conduct morning Assembly and to participate in Inter-School Competitions.
3. Conducts classes in an atmosphere that promotes caring and respect in accordance with the Mission and Vision of the Founder(s).
4. Organise Sporting Events/Tournaments.
5. Support computer training and technology adoption.
6. Participate in Music, Art, and Cultural activities.
7. Lead clean-up and awareness drives
Punjabi (Eastern): Fließend
The school has facilities for faculty to stay and a dining room for on-campus residents. Meals served are mostly Indian vegitarian but can be looked into. The school is located in a beautiful area adjacent to the Rajaji National Park overlooking the Shivalik Mountains with a stream flowing alongside. It is an ideal location for anybody looking to practice Yoga, Meditation, and Spirituality.
The location is about 10 kilometers off Rishikesh. It is on the Haridwar RIshikesh highway. Both cities are tourist destinations and amongst the holiest places for Hindus. There is river rafting, hiking, jungle safari and a lot more to do in this region. The Airport and Railway station are nearby and easily accessible for all commuters. We have hosted volunteers from the UK in the past and have had a very pleasant and long-lasting experience with them. Personally, I have recently finished my MBA from IE Business School, Madrid, so I am extremely familiar about how one has to deal with volunteers from diverse nationalities.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week