We are an NGO created in 2011.
It was set up by Nicole, a retired biology teacher who has dedicated her life educating children in Hong Kong and now also in Nepal and her friend Sarbendra, a Nepalese native who is passionate about his country and is involved in a number of charity organisations .
Our aim is to help children achieve a better standard of living through education. We have a team of 8 people including social workers and medical staff in our dedicated centre.
In our action area 50% of children do not go to school. Parents send them to work or keep them at home to look after the younger ones.
Domestic violence and alcoholism are common and the personal hygiene is poor. There is no birth control. Many women are raising their children alone. Many families neglect to seek health care, due to ignorance and fear of cost which results in a higher than average mortality rate. In Kathmandu, food is expensive. Most of them suffer from deficiencies and serious growth delay.
PROTECTING THE CHILDREN IS THEREFORE A PRIORITY: welcome them, educate them, feed them and make regular health assessment is the mission we have set ourselves.
We currently support 250 children in Nepal.
ACTIONS in Kathmandu Valley:
● EDUCATION: 200 sponsors children, from Kindergarten to University
● MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: 1500 patients per year benefit from free medical visits (general practitioners or specialists) organised by the association, open to families in the area
● FOOD & FAMILY SUPPORT: 150 families monitored and supported in a practical and psychological way
● EARLY CHILDHOOD: 40 toddlers welcomed all year round in two daycares
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
We are a small independent (non political and non religious) organisation. During your mission in Nepal you will be fully integrated in the day to day life of the community. We are a small structure we enables us to know all the children under our care and their families very well. This will allow you to have a very meaningful experience and a powerful impact on the life of those children.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
we are ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS BASED IN ITS CENTRE IN NEPAL
Our NGO focuses on children living in the slums of Katmandu. We provide them with education as well as support for their families. Our local team greatly benefits from the support of resident volunteers. It could be YOU!
Can you invest 4-6 months of your life to help Nepal?
4 months is the minimum stay.
It's open to all from 20 years old to any age above!
- To provide teaching help (English, computer skills ) to the kids in the schools supervised by Nepal.
- Assistance for the nurseries (we are running 2 nurseries)
- To participate in day-to-day activities in Nepal local teams in Kathmandu, help improving our data system for monitoring our families and children;
- To enhance existing programs such as agriculture, construction, handicraft, healthcare (other skills are welcome such as Health and Nutrition skills, advertising or fundraising experience, etc.)
-Organize extra-curriculum activities for the children
- Make sure the library is running smoothly
English speaking & Driving license compulsory.
Free accommodation in the immediate outskirt of Kathmandu . We provide a scooter for your transportation. You will also receive a monthly allowance for your meals.
Our center is 15 minutes away from the historical center of the city as well as the shoping and leisure district. Nepal has quite a few bank holidays which will give you time to explore the city and make the most of the numerous hiking opportunities.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week