We are Steffen (43 years old) & Julia (36 years old) with our 2 year old son Noah. Before we have started this new career we have worked in graphic design & marketing agencies. We have been traveling quite a lot ourselves and also did a lot of "workaway" traveling. We love the concept and the experiences we had with it. Our house and grounds still need a lot of work and love that's why we're looking for your help. We want to renovate in a sustainable way and use as many existing materials and things as we can.
We have just bought an old campground with a former guest house from the 1970 in May 2021. Our family lives in this old house right now. The idea is to create a space with the principles of community, creativity and sustainabilty. We would like to create an inspiring space where people stay, work, play & meet in a very natural environment. We are located in the middle of the bavarian forest and it's nationalpark. We are very close to the Czech boarder and the Sumava Nationalpark as well. So it is a paradise for hikers and bikers. The location is quite secluded, at the end of a small village. Public transport is available, but nevertheless it takes a while to get to bigger/smaller towns.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Experience real wilderness just a few footsteps in front of our doorstep and explore one of the oldest and untouched nationalparks in Germany and the Czech Republik. It is a paradise for hikers in summer and autumn and cross-country skiing in winter. We are located 1000M above sea-level so it is a very snow-safe area.
We love to get to know people from all around and work, exchange and share experiences, stories as well as knowledge. We are happy to share all our skills with you, and maybe also learn some new stuff together along the way.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
The work possibilities are diverse, from:
- keeping the outdoors in shape (e. G. lawnmowing, gardening, clearing snow)
- clearing out lots of old stuff from the building and outdoors
- lots of renovation works (exchanging floors, tiles, new sanitary units, walls, ceilings, electrics, etc)
- upcycling and building furniture
- wood building works
- playing with our son, in case you have a good hand with kids
- creating artwork/installations/wall art outdoors and indoors
- cooking, so we can offer accommodation and food for other helpers
Spanisch: Gute Kenntnisse
The accommodation options are:
- A room on the second floor of the building with bathroom. The rooms are a few years old, but ok. We are living on the first floor right now, so you have a private area on the second floor
- a spot on the campground: if you want to enjoy nature at it's fullest and you have your own vehicle or tent to sleep in, your welcome to use the campground as well
- If not occupied: stay in our camper at the campground
We usually all have a cooked lunch together during the weekdays - that either we or a helper cooks. We can provide you with breakfast groceries according to your likes.
In case you are traveling with public transport, just ask us, if we can arrange a pick-up from the next train/bus station.
If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
There is plenty of space and tables in the former restaurant as well as in the former b&b rooms to work. You can use our office wifi. There will be construction noise in and around the building from time to time. Just check with us about details if you're working remotely.
We can provide a camping space with electricity hooks.
All kids- and people-friendly pets are welcome. Just tell us a little about your pet before vistiting.
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week