We are an established non-profit oragnization with a mission to develop agroecology (permaculture), eco-tourism and environmental projects in Pai. The foundation was founded by Damien and Lyse with the help of Thai friends: we are a family with 2 young boys.
Our project is about creating a space of abundance and sustainability, about sharing knowledge and skills, and about reconnecting to ourselves, to others and to Mother Earth. Our long term vision is to build resilience among local communities.
Our LAND RESTORATION project focuses on the regeneration of abused rice paddies into a heaven of biodiversity through the principles of permaculture. After less than two years working on this land, the results are already amazing! In addition we have started a beekeeping projects to boost pollination (and help those cute little creatures), which also gave us our first honey this year, and are developping an aquaponics system (raising fish while growing vegetable in a closed loop system). This is all part of our mission to research&develop local resilience and to produce quality organic and local food.
We also place a strong focus on EDUCATION. We have recently built the education center (bamboo-cob) which will allow us to host more regular workshops and events, both for local schools and tourists, in order to promote eco/agro-tourism and environmental friendly pratices. The long term vision is a place of research and exchange on all subjects of sustainable living and resilience.
There are many ways you can participate in our projects and help us grow: our only criteria is passion, dedication, and respect.
1. Join in one of our workshops (permaculture, natural construction, beekeeping, ...). Follow our social media to know more.
2. Volunteer on the ongoing projects: minimum 2-3 weeks, 3 hours morning + 2 hours afternoon. Please consider longer stays as missions get more interesting with time!
3. Internships (3months - 1 year with visa & work permit): If you think your background or experience can contribute to our work, we would love to hear how! We have a particular interest in reforestation and any skills/experience related to permaculture, fundraising, community development, and product development (create marketable products from our farm production: mosquito repelent, toothpaste, ...), and engineer skills (building solar heater, gazifier, water filters...).
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
You will receive appropriate training and supervision in the first weeks, but we are looking for independant and responsible people. We are looking for workawayers that want to engage in social/environmental missions and are ready to work for it.
As a research and education center, they are no limits to what you can learn: permaculture design, organic farming, natural farming, beekeeping, aquaponics, homemade cosmetics, reforestation, cooking, project management...
You can also have a great cultural exchange by engaging in activities at our partners schools.
Here are the missions for which we need volunteers. Some of the work asked is related to commercial activities. ALL PROFITS OF THESE ACTIVITIES GO TO THE FOUNDATION and are developped as fundraisers.
1. FARM WORK and gardening:
- planting & harvesting the vegetables/fruits.
- maintainance: watering, weeding, fixing.
2. NATURAL BUILDING & LOW TECHS:
- Participate in the building/maintainance/improvement of a bamboo&cob house.
- Help us develop more low techs: solar dehydrator, solar showers, gazifier...
- Cooking meals for the team.
- Prepare jams, kombucha and ginger beer, dried fruits, cakes... for fundraiser activities.
3. SCHOOL SUPPORT:
- Teaching and assisting teacher in one of our partner schools.
3. YOU HAVE A PERSONAL PROJECT TO DEVELOP THAT FITS OUR VISION? LET'S TALK ABOUT OPPORTUNITIES!
english (fluent), french (fluent), thai (basic)
Confortable wooden bungalow set in a beautiful organic garden. Very quiet.
Possibility of setting up a tent.
We will share meals: either home cooked or at local restaurants. We both love to cook, especially with ingredients from our garden, and love to meet people that share a passion for good food from around the globe!
The surrounding valley offers lots of activities, from social gathering in Pai city, great music scene, amazing food (thai and international), to nature treks and discoveries (waterfalls, reforestation projects...) . You will also enjoy the ongoing meditation, yoga, martial arts and dance circles, or just relax from your work at the farm with a massage or a spa!
Pai's lifestyle is amazingly rich and diverse!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Mornings, max 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week