.....UPDATES.... Due to the Pandemic the community aspect of the farm has suffered greatly. Its still bustling and people are here 7 days a week but the atmosphere here can be lonely at times. You have to be a self starter / confident and use initiative to start on jobs without being asked! Farm school is now a huge aspect to the farm and runs Mon to Thurs every week. 28 children are enrolled, and so if you arn't comfortable / happy around children don't apply! Ive updated the accommodation details. We take COVID very seriously, but are willing to open our bubble to the right person(s) that behave safely and follow guidelines submitted by Dr Bonnie.
My name is Liam and I've been here as a Work-Away since 2019 November, an opportunity came up to be part of the team during my stay and I didnt think twice, so i'm now here for the foreseeable future! Part of my responsibility is to coordinate you and make sure you have a fun, safe time whilst you are here. I'm in charge of managing the volunteers and generally if anything needs looking at on the farm im on it! exciting stuff :) you will have lots of free time to explore and I cant express how welcoming people are here.
We are a small farm within the City of Vancouver that works towards growing quality food following agroecological principles; to provide sustainable farm and food education through empowering people of all ages with traditional skills and knowledge; and to protect and preserve the Agriculture Land Reserve (ALR) within BC by advocating for and supporting other local farmers and food producers. We are on a 2 acre farm that has horses, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, and bees - an orchard, and two large gardens to grow food. We host a non-profit therapeutic riding program, horseback riding school, and an educational, working farm. Thus is an inclusive farm and welcomes all.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
- learn about life on the last working farm in the city of Vancouver
- share and exchange language, food, music and culture with people from all over the world
- be a part of an inclusive community where everyone is seen as capable, strong, and skilled individuals
- live in an equestrian community inside of the city where you typically pass by more horses on the street than cars!
- become part of the farm community, from daily coffee time to potlucks and bonfires
***You must be comfortable with heavy lifting (hay bales, waterbuckets, wheelbarrows etc), mud and farm tasks***.
Our animals take priority and it is essential that you are comfortable with daily tasks that ensure they are cared for morning and/or evening.
Typical tasks will include:
- animal care/husbandry (goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, horses)
- growing food, gardening, weeding, and harvesting
- help to maintain the property and living quarters
- being a farm representative, engaging with clients and the general public
- being a part of an inclusive environment: fostering respect and welcoming diversity
- building, carpentry, repair and maintenance of facilities
- having a 'can-do' attitude for many tasks that can come up on a day-to-day basis; every day is different!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️HORSE EXPERIENCE AN ASSET*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ - YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RIDE HERE! WE DO A WORK TO RIDE SCHEME AND ARE HAPPY TO EXCHANGE WORK IN THE BARN FOR A RIDING LESSON.
Unfortunately due to COVID we have limited availability with accommodation.
1) Lunas Shack - Small studio apartment, attached to the owners property. Suitable for couples.
2) Trailer - A small single room in a trailer on the property.
1) The room is en-suite with Shower/toilet/Microwave/Toaster oven/Fridge/Freezer/Heating. Its very cosy and private.
Other facilities on the property include:
Free Wifi property wide
A shared shower room up in the hayloft - Some basic shared toiletries are available.
Toilets / WC on ground floor.
Shared kitchen and cooking facilities (stove, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, toaster, oven)
Common area for eating etc.
No TV or no computers available
Outdoor cooking oven and eating area.
- 30 minutes by bus, and 15 minutes by car to Downtown Vancouver
- close bike or bus ride to University of British Columbia
- 800m walk to the Fraser River and trails
- public transit access to the North Shore mountains, hiking and ski resorts
- Walking distance to bus stops that connect to trains to YVR airport, the suburbs and downtown vancouver. Farm is located close to UBC and Pacific spirit park.
Be prepared to prepare your own meals as they will not be provided. We have some basic ingredients available. Food delivery is available using food delivery Apps.
It is recommended to bring some groceries with you for the first few days. We occasionally may be able to take you to the local grocery store once a week for the heavier and any bulk items.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Platz für Wohnmobile.
Dieser Gastgeber ist bereit, Reisende mit Haustieren bei sich aufzunehmen.
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: