The Hostel is located in the town of Isla Colon, in the Archipiélago of Bocas del Toro, Panama.
We have been operating for a year now, with a cool vibe and always taking care of our guest in order to make them have an amazing stay in our Island.
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
1. Learn About Latinamerican Culture
2. Work in New Environments
3. Experiencing living in an Island
3. Make New Friends
4. Learn a new language
5. Tremendously exciting and liberating experience
6. Explore all the islands that are around, surfing, going to the different beaches close here, swimming, know more about the panamenian caribbean culture, getting involved a lot with the local nature, practicing a lot of water sports.
Receptionist and information clerk - To make guests feel welcome, to check them in and out efficiently, and to deal professionally with enquiries, face to face and by phone or email, making reservations for tours, basic reception chores.
Also we need someone that work at night opening the door to the guests and sell some beers if they want it.
Sometimes part of the job is helping with the restaurant that we are open.
Spanish AND english speakers is a must
As we have a lot of english spoken guests (90% of them), so this one gotta be in a really good level.
Also you will need to run with the issues that may happen' during your shift and deal with locals and spanish spoken guests, so is important that you understand/speak at least basic spanish.
You need to know how to use the computer, as we use a lot excel and some other apps to run the place and we work with the reservation channels online.
Also, is important that you know that we have a dog and two cats! So you got to be ok with that.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️WHEN YOU SEND YOUR MESSAGE/REQUEST*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
It is IMPORTANT for us to know the next points:
- When are you planning to come to Bocas del Toro?
- How long are you planning to stay? If you could set up the dates (even if they are not the exactly ones) would be awesome! So we can check if you fit in our calendar
- What are your plans here? (Just volunteering, coming to take spanish classes/diving lessons/looking for a job/etc)
- Flexibility on the rotation of the shifts
- Previous experiences with workaway/working in hostels
- Your level of English AND Spanish (Basic, Elementary, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced)
- Your workskills with the computers/social media/booking channels
- Any other thing that would be important for us to know about you
So PLEASE no copy/paste messages, we want to know for real who you are and treat you in a personal way, not like robots, and for a faster and efficient response, attach the responses to this questions when you send us your message :)
Please, send the message just 2 or 3 (max) weeks before you are planning to come, usually our volunteers are long-term and they stay way more than we expect, we love that and give preference to the ones that are here, so we don't book volunteers with a lot of time of anticipation.
Hope to hear about you soon and join our caribbean family,
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️A single bed in the 8 bed dorm or 4bed dorm
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️Breakfast (Chocolate and cinnamon Pancakes, fruit and coffee)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️1 laundry per week
You can go an explore Isla Colon and its beaches (Starfish, Boca del Drago, Bluff, Paunch, Bird Island), Bastimentos Island (Red frog beach, Wizard, Basti town), Isla Solarte, Cayo Coral, Cayo Zapatilla, more islands that are around, or exploring the destinations that are close as Puerto Viejo (Costa Rica), Boquete and other destinations.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 hours, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: