Who we are:
We are a socially responsible hostel located on the side of the Mombacho Volcano, in the middle of the jungle on the outskirts of Granada, Nicaragua. We are world famous for our parties, our phenomenal views and our local community support program.
In the evenings we host trivia, live music and on Fridays we host an electronic party with a DJ. In the days we run community tours, yoga classes and shuttles to and from the city of Granada. We also have some of the best flipping home cooked family style nicaraguan meals you’ll ever get to try (both veg and meat options available) all cooked by local Nicaraguan mothers.
The hostel itself is a stunner of a structure, predominantly made from wood, it is truly a site to behold. Swinging in the hammocks on the deck with a cocktail in hand whilst the sun slowly sets is without hyperbole, Heaven on Earth.
The hardest part to describe about this hostel though, is it’s vibe. After years of hard work the hostel has created an unbeatable culture of awesome guests, workers and volunteers that all come together to make everyones experience (whether you’re a guest or just a volunteer) nothing short of magic.
The community project:
In conjunction with being a hostel, we are also committed to working with and improving the lives of those living in the local surrounding community of Poste Rojo.
Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday the hostel runs English classes for local children run by our volunteers and managers. To coincide with these classes, we also run a tour for our guests of the Poste Rojo community that culminates at the English classes, providing guests the opportunity to join in and have some fun.
The community project has a number of incredible short term goals (some of which we have already reached e.g. new playground for the local school, home repairs, a successful English program, etc) and we are also working hard towards our long term goals, the most prominent being a clean water solution for the community.
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Travellers will learn what it's like to be immersed in the jungle and in the local Nicaraguan communities nearby, they will have the opportunity to learn Spanish, Yoga and all of the other roles we offer. They will also have the opportunity to develop life long friendships with not only co-workers but travellers passing by and the locals!
We need a strong team of awesome volunteers to assist us with the running of this incredible hostel and rewarding community project. Volunteers need to be fun, fast and think on their feet.
The hostel is currently open from Tuesday through to Saturday morning. This means you get most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday off to either chill in town or venture to any of the surrounding towns/beaches. As a volunteer you will be provided with accommodation for 7 nights, 3 meals a day on the days you are working and you will receive half price drinks. On the weekends, if you decide to stay in Granada you will be offered a bed at our sister hostel in town.
We are currently looking for the following legends:
- ARTISTS: to help create, paint and design incredible pieces that will bring colour and magic to our beautiful home away from homes. If you are an artist we want to hear from you!
- MUSICIANS: to assist and run our weekly live music nights (fluency in Spanish is not required but warning you will probably be requested to sing Despacito at some point of time...it’s inevitable)
- EVENT/PARTY HOSTS: To help guests get settled and have an all round good time AKA vibe creators (fluency in Spanish is not required, being a fun, positive and smiley persons is)
- TOUR LEADERS: to run the Wednesday and Friday tours of the local community (a good understanding of Spanish is required for this role as you will be translating information from locals to guests)
- ENGLISH TEACHERS: for the local children’s classes (a good understanding of Spanish is required for this role, fluency is preferable)
- SOCIAL MEDIA GURUS: We are reliant on word of mouth and social media is our bread and butter.
*️*️*️ WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE NEED FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS*️*️*️
All volunteers will partake in the following jobs:
- General care for guests such as checking In and out
- Hosting Parties
- Party promotion
- Social Media work
- Cleaning and general maintenance of the hostel/surrounding bushland
- Stock taking/daily restocking of supplies i.e. food and drinks from the kitchen/bar (we are located up a 150 meter trek from the nearest road, to the reception area so volunteers must be fit, healthy and happy to help carry daily stock up the hill (you'll have a rocking bum by the time you leave us)
You must be able to speak conversational English and Spanish of course is useful.
We have a MINIMUM stay of 3 weeks, if you have specific skills like Yoga teaching or Music abilities we would consider a 2 week minimum. FYI - We often have volunteers come for 3 weeks and stay for up to 3 months, so take this as a warning that you should probably keep your plans open ended when coming to volunteer with us as you're going to love this place.
If that all sounds right up your alley and you think you'd be a good fit, then please flick us a message. Preferably within a month of your arrival to Nicaragua as we usually organise people a couple of weeks in advance before they start.
Safe travels amigos!
Single dorm bed
Granada is the closest town, only 15 mins away, where there are bars, hostels and supermarkets. There are also volcanoes to hike and crater lakes to swim in, as well as zip-lining, pool parties and of course, jungle parties!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week