Looking for volunteers / house sitters Jan 2020 -->
Due to a sudden cancellation we're URGENTLY looking for one person to join the crew from January onwards at our mountain lodge, Vukov konak.
This is a an old log house at 1300 meters with some wonderful hiking & snowshoeing scenery around it. The capital, Sarajevo, is 18km away.
It's a 'back to basics' kinda cottage lifestyle here: Cooking food from scratch and heating the house with wood 🍲🔥 There's no WiFi, no streetlights, no TV. (Sarajevo is a taxi ride away, and one can get online with a mobile data sim card.)
For the winter months the house is in off-season-mode, only opening its doors to guests on Sat-Sun for coffees and lunches (we're not taking any overnight guests).
Our family is going travelling for a few months, and while we're away the house and our 5 cats and 2 dogs would be amazingly happy with some company 🐶🐱❤️
WHAT WE OFFER:
- room and board
- a possibility to an amazing mountain winter
- plenty of responsibility but in a very free and slow setting
- a refuge from the city life
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- a commitment for 2-3 months
- 100% reliable & responsible personality
- a willingness to live a simple, rural mountain life
- physical and mental strength to handle the snow work, the short days of winter, and the slow pace of the mountain
We have an existing team of 2 already here, but one more person is highly appreciated for company and flexibility!
The shared chores include:
- keeping the house and its surrounding tidy
- feeding the resident dog and cats in the evenings
- helping out in the kitchen Saturdays & Sundays (making coffees, doing the dishes)
- generally seeing that all things are running well with the guests and the house
In order to enjoy life here, one needs to be:
- happy with her-/himself & the world
- willing to learn another way of life, push one's comfort limits
- ready to live close to the elements as forests and meadows of the mountain start from the door :)
--> The idea is that everyone who joins us, is genuinely interested in having a MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE and enjoys the idea of a SLOWER, less glamorous lifestyle for a while.
NOTE: We DO NOT have WIFI at the inn where volunteers stay (a mobile network operates here, so a slowish internet via sim card is an option). All food is cooked from scratch, there's no public transport to Sarajevo (but taxi is cheap!), we have NO microwave, NO street lights, and our nightlife is the starlit sky :) It is very basic and rural, and it can seem rugged, if you're used to the vibrant city life.
We hope our volunteers stay with us minimum 8 weeks, longer stays are welcome!
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Experience rural mountain life in the Balkans! Learn how to make jams, juices and soaps, learn to pick herbs, berries and mushroom, and to take care of animals and to heat a sauna. Live in over a 100 yrs old wooden house in the middle of nowhere, yet relatively close to the capital town. See how a homeschooling / unschooling family lives :) Experience village festivals or lots of snow, know what it's like when alarm clocks (or any watch whatsoever) are not needed, and get to know the old ways of life :)
The chores include taking care of the house, the animals, and the kids. We need our volunteers to help clean the rooms, wait for the guests, heat the house + sauna, feed the animals, go hiking / walking with the dogs, play with our kids, chop the wood.
Depending on the season there are different tasks to be done. Some of them require physical work (wood chopping, carrying the wood indoors etc.).
We have 2–3 rooms for our volunteers. The rooms are very basic with shared toilet / bathroom. (No internet connection, but you can get online couple a times a week by visiting our own home, on the other side of the village.)
There's plenty of free time also. We've got beautiful hiking areas around us. Sarajevo is only 18 km away. During winter season there are a few good ski resorts around Sarajevo, too.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week