We are a foundation specialized in the development and execution of sustainable, social, artistic, environmental and innovative projects,. We're a multidisciplinary internationally operating non profit organisation attracting designers, technicians, students, engineers, artists, businesses, academics, and others who are interested in the crossover between science, nature, technology, and creativity. Every year we welcome researchers, bio-professionals and students to work with us. The changing population ensures that our laboratory can act as the breeding space for the crossover innovation it stands for.
We recently relocated to a beautiful military bunker complex build by the German army during the Second World War in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. A new location with 1,5 hectares of space, situated in a forest but steps away from creative district Strijp-S Eindhoven, where culture, science and nature go hand in hand. At our location we are realizing a sustainable, fully self-supporting location, applying a circular approach to all of our resources and energy as well as our waste materials. Our Bio-Art forest will be a crossover hotspot where science, arts and nature meet: there is a fully functional hybrid laboratory, numerous ateliers and nature is right outside the door.
A response can sometimes take a while these months because we are very busy.
Due to the corona crisis, we were unable to respond for a long time and were unable to offer places. We will start with this again carefully. We are looking for people who can stay for a longer period of time (minimum from 2 weeks).
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
At our location, a world of unlimited possibilities will open for you. You will be offered the chance to meet and learn from people in all kinds of fields, working on concepts on the forefront of science and research to arts, technology, philosophy and much more. You might even catch a glimpse of our future innovations! We offer a great variety of activities in an inspiring working environment, unique in both our mission as an organisation as well as our historic location.
Since our activities as an organisation are so varied, the possibilities don't really stop anywhere. We're creating a diverse community and we're interested to hear from anyone! Here's a selection of our activities that you could help us with:
- Caring for our animals. We have two dogs, two cows, three horses, geese, chickens, sheep, bees and a pig keeping us company!
- Gardening and landscape maintenance. Our 1,5 hectare piece of forest requires quite some maintenance and care. On top of that, we are planning to plant a resources forest for our self-suffiecient location and laboratory.
- Assistance in expositions and other public events. We host an all-year-round program of public activities like (art) expositions, debates, workshops, guided tours, etc. One of the examples is our participation in the international event the Dutch Design Week Eindhoven, where thousands of people visit our crossover exposition.
- Giving workshops and masterclasses for children. Also part of our program, we organise workshops on the crossover of arts and science as an extracurricular activity for primary and secondary schools.
- Help making our location self-sufficient and ecologically sustainable. We're fully off-the-grid!
- Helping with the refurbishment of our location. Before we moved in two years ago, the location had been abandoned for a few decades, so it needs some work!
You will stay at our own location 'back-to-nature' -style! There is a variety of possibilities, ranging from camping in a big military tent in our forest to a bed in a converted sea container. Basic necessities like cooking ingredients, hot showers, toilets and a kitchen are on site. We offer 2 bicycles that you can use for grocery shopping or to explore Eindhoven and its environment!
We will provide food, We share a cozy kitchen where we prepare our meals. There is sufficient washing facilities and toilets. There is also enough space for your tent on the 1,6 -hectare estate. We are located in the middle of nature surrounded by countless hiking and cycling trails. We share our spaces with 2 dogs, 2cows, 3 horses, 6 sheeps, 2 goose, chickens and a pig.
We are located in close proximity to Eindhoven airport, a bus stop and a train station, so it is very easy to reach us. Our location is surrounded by forest and bicycle networks, and accross the street is an organic fruit plantation with a restaurant and a farm store and they host fruit picking days! In your free time you can explore the city of Eindhoven, which is a 10 minute bike ride away. We are located near Strijp-S, the creative district of Eindhoven, dotted with cafés, restaurants, art galleries and design ateliers and the hotspot for various lively events and festivals. Eindhoven is surrounded by forests and nature reserves, easily accessible and perfect for a bike ride or a hike. Of course with the Netherlands being a small country, public transport makes it possible to visit any Dutch place you want in a one-day trip.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: