We are a friendly Swedish/Norwegian couple, Magda and Tor-Henrik, living with our two small children in a beautiful and remote little village in Swedish Lapland, north of the Arctic Circle.
We work with tourism for a living. In our family we have two different tourism businesses, an activity company and a mountain lodge with cabins and a restaurant. Tor-Henrik also works in the Mountain Rescue. He is also an archaeologist and makes guided tours about archaeology in the area. And in addition to this we have Alaskan Huskies (sleddogs) who needs a lot of care every day.
We live close to nature and grow our own potatoes that last us the whole year round, we hunt our own moose meat and fish, pick all the berries we need for the whole year in the summers and autumns, we also grow our own vegetables in the summer.
This is a great place to stay for Workawayers who love nature, hiking, mountains, and dogs of course! We have lots of amazing nature and hiking trails right outside our doorstep. There are serveral National Parks (Sarek National Park for example) and nature reserves in our area. Several different hiking trails start directly from our village.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
- Learn how to take care of sleddogs and a lot about dogs in general.
- Experience the genuine lifestyle together with us locals!
- Wilderness skills.
- Foraging wild herbs and berries.
- Learn about the Sámi culture and history.
- Learn a bit of Swedish, Norwegian or the Northern Sámi language, if you are interested.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
We are looking for a reliable, responsible, happy and friendly volunteer with a love of dogs, nature and the countryside lifestyle!
The help will include the daily care of the huskies, feeding and watering them, and cleaning out the dogyards. Also other various tasks such as gardening, painting and so on.
Magdalena loves gardening and always have different new projects going on in the garden, so it’s great to get some help with that!
As we are a family with small children, you must be happy in the company of kids. It’s great if you are interested to learn some Swedish to be able to communicate better with the kids. We occasionaly need help to mind the kids for a few hours if we both need to work at the same time.
We generally expect you to volunteer for maximum 5 h per day, sometimes less and sometimes more. There will be more to do some days and less to do other days.
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Dieser Gastgeber gibt an, dass er dir gern seine Muttersprache beibringt oder selbst eine Sprache lernen möchte.
Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn, um weitere Auskünfte zu erhalten.
Accommodation in a small cabin in the village. There is unfortunately no Wifi in the cabin. Bathroom and showers are in a separate service building.
We provide you with two meals per day. Basic breakfast food that you prepare and eat in your own little cabin in the mornings, and you will have dinner together with the family in the afternoons.
In your free time you can for example go hiking, trailrunning, swimming in lakes, kayaking or canoeing. We live in the middle of beautiful nature and there are lots of different hiking trails that start directly from the village. If you want to, you can bring one of the huskies on your hike. We will show you exactly where to go and tell you all you need to know about the different trails.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! Read carefully before applying!
- You need to be able to bring suitable boots and clothes for being outside in the dogyards and garden, for hiking etc.
- Non smokers only!
- Keep in mind that this is a very small, remote place with no shopping or nightlife. The closest little town, Jokkmokk, is 100 kilometers away. You must love nature and a peaceful lifestyle to like it here. However, during the tourist season tourists from all over Europe come to stay at the lodge (mostly hikers & campers) so even if we are in a remote location, it is not completely lonley or empty of other people.
- You will not have wi-fi at your accommodation. You can use the wi-fi in the restaurant in your spare time, but not make any big downloads as it is a limited wi-fi.
-You must also be independent & happy doing tasks by yourself as we only host one volunteer at the time.
AND... most important! :)
- You must be comfortable around dogs. Our huskies are happy & super friendly but they can also be energetic and intense! Being able to stay calm and confident around animals is very important.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber nimmt gern Digital Nomads bei sich auf.
Maximum 5 hours a day 5 days a week