We are a friendly and calm family that lives in a nice house in San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina. This is an area in the northern suburbs, out of the city.
We are looking for somebody to come home and share en English speaking atmosphere in everyday life, teach some languages at home to the teens of the family and help with house chores.
As to languages, each of us has different needs and interests:
The teens of the family need some English practice in everyday life, while sharing and doing some house chores or just living at home. Besides, the eldest (18 years old) also needs help with German as he is learning at the moment. And the youngest (15) would love to learn Italian and needs English formal lessons at least one hour a day.
We would love to improve our knowledge in languages while sharing an English speaking atmosphere at home. We also need some help with basic chores at home, cooking, doing the dishes, watering the plants in summer, or some other basic chores as cleaning, but nothing extraordinary.
We live in the suburbs of the great city of Buenos Aires, in a very calm green area, full of trees and nice houses, but right around the corner there is a very convenient area of shops, cafes, restaurants... so we are away from noise but very close to what you need. And if you take a bus and a train, in 1.30 hour or two, depending on traffic, you are in the heart of Buenos Aires. And public transportation here is really cheap...
So we offer this opportunity of living with a nice family in a nice house and neighborhood, but close to the city if you want to go for a visit!
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Although we ask volunteers not to speak any Spanish at home (because we need to practice English every day), the volunteer can learn Spanish in Buenos Aires, as there are courses available here, and also visit the city (we are 20km away from the city but you can get there by bus/train in a 1.30 hour or two ride total) or relax in the northern area where we live or travel around.
We ask the volunteer not to speak Spanish at home, so that we can practice English, but there are people around to talk to in Spanish, if the volunteer wants to practice. There are some Spanish classes in the area (private lessons) or downtown.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
*️️️️We would like to host an English speaking volunteer who can help our kids to practice English in an everyday life style, in the first place, some English and/or Italiana formal lessons for Juliana (15 years old) and some German lessons for Marcos (18) (if possible, if the volunteer speaks those languages).
* If the volunteer is Italian or German, she should speak also English because we can't speak Italian or German fluently.
* We don't pretend the volunteer to necessarily speak the three languages (English, Italian and German). If she speaks the three of them, great. If not, no problem. If she speaks Italian, she will teach our daughter; if she speaks German, she will teach Marcos. Short lessons, as we can combine.
* Our youngest kid (15 years old) likes cooking, playing board games and visiting places or go for a walk, so basically she needs to speak in ENGLISH while doing these activities or others (informal learning). And she is interested in starting to learn ITALIAN.
* Our eldest kid (18 years old) needs to learn and practice GERMAN.
* Apart from language teaching, we need some help with everyday chores, cooking (sometimes), doing the dishes after lunch or dinner, cleaning, etc. (we all do this).
* We also ask the volunteer to help with the basic cleaning/maintenance of the house/garden. One or two chores per day is ok (some chores are not necessarily done every week). For example, a typical routine could be: (1) mowing the grass, (2) collecting leaves from the garden, (3) pruning the fence; (4) cleaning the windows, (5) washing the 2 cars- Weekends free.
*️️️️The volunteer will have a lot of free time during the week when the kids are at school or after-school activities, and also at weekends. Our daughter goes to school in the morning, so she is home at midday till 5 that she goes to the gym. And our son is an adult (18) so he has kind of his own life. This means that the volunteer can go downtown or jogging or walking or enjoy the day as she wants when kids are out or at school or training. Some volunteers like to go downtown at weekends to enjoy two full days on a row.
We provide a private room with a single bed, a small closet and a window to the garden, and a private bathroom, on the ground floor of our house. Own keys. The room has a door to the house an another door out to the garden. The room is on the ground floor, next to the kitchen, while the rooms of the rest of the family are upstairs. So you can have your privacy.
You can enjoy the garden and the swimming-pool, no problem with that.
We love eating good food! We eat organic, mother and daughter are vegetarians, father and son eat meat.
Absolutely no smoking in the house please! Not even in the garden.
And we prefer not to have many electronic devices around, at least not in front of the kids. Thanks!
We have had many previous experiences similar to this at home and it was absolutely great. We all had a great time. We have hosted students on exchange programs, au pairs, and workawayers many times before. Great experiences!!!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: