We're Silke (28) and Hauke (32) and just moved back to our home in Elsfleth, Germany. We're going to take care of the nature reserve being established on the peninsula between the rivers Weser and Hunte, start creating our natural, sustainable farm within it and aim to live there self-sufficiently and remotely.
Silke’s family has been farming the peninsula for 4 generations, recently it had been an organic cattle farm which stopped in 2019, and we're willing to continue the family history in this unique place, although the methods shall be different, nature-friendly, and there's no intention of selling products:
- Natural, regenerative farming, no dig, no machines
- Composting, scythe mowing, mulching
- Diversity, diversity, diversity, creating a vivid, edible landscape providing us, our animals and wildlife with healthy food
- Farm animal welfare and housing (no farm animals yet..)
- Permacultural practices, reuse, recycle, upcycle
- Open-minded, creative, artisanal, you can bring and start your own projects (don't worry, our minds are filled with ideas, as well)
- Community approach, sharing, exchanging, engaging
You are welcome to join us, live with us, learn from us and have fun with us, enjoying this beautiful place. There are many possibilities for outdoor activities like cycling, hiking, swimming, beach/sun-bathing, kayaking/paddling and the North Sea/Wadden Sea isn't far. Bigger cities easily reachable are Oldenburg and Bremen.
Just get in touch if you're interested :)
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
We have spent much time traveling, meeting people in foreign countries and from other cultures which inspired us a lot. Additionally, we studied alternative, regenerative, natural farming practices and volunteered at other pioneering farms. Thus, we got ideas and solutions for a more sustainable lifestyle close to nature, have put some into practice already and are willing to develop and improve. So, in exchange with you we can learn from each other while being creative.
And of course, we can show you around and/or give you advice for your leisure time.
Composting, Raising seedlings, Planting, Pruning, Building structures, Harvesting and Collecting, Processing (preparing meals, fermenting, making jam, preserving), Weeding, Designing, and other occurring farm tasks... we would never expect you to do any tasks we are not prepared to do ourselves :)
Here is an extract from our list of ideas:
- Mandala Gardens rotation system including chickens/ducks and sheep/goats (no farm animals yet..)
- Composting systems: Hot compost, vermicompost, probably making charcoal for Terra Preta/carbon sinks
- Greenhouse from recycled/reused materials (done)
- Pond with a little stream
- Rainwater collection/water retention system (done)
- Solarshower/Water recycling system
- Mobile chicken home
- Cooking/baking/smoking/heating oven
- Mobile dome greenhouses for the middle of each Mandala Garden
- Setting up an open workshop where people can repair things, do artisanal or artwork
- Long-term: establishing a CSA (community supported agriculture) system
Clarification: We're not selling products.
Englisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
All languages are fascinating, we could teach German or English in exchange.
Private room in our house, shared kitchen/bathroom/living room, or put your tent somewhere outside/sleep in your camping car, or sleep somewhere in the old farming building, e.g. the hayloft.
We're both vegetarian and will offer you the same food that we consume and try to have one meal altogether per day - apart from that: help yourself in our kitchen.
Nearest train stations are Berne and Elsfleth, and Farge on the other side of the river Weser. We can arrange to pick you up.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
There's enough space...
Please let us know in advance.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: