Favourited 110 times
WE ARE GETTING MANY REQUESTS FOR TIMES WHEN WE ARE NOT OPEN. OUR CAMP IS ONLY OPEN FROM MAY-OCTOBER. OUR CABINS ARE NOT WINTERIZED SO WE ARE CLOSED NOVEMBER-APRIL. ALSO, WE ARE NOT LOCATED IN LONDON, WE ARE LOCATED IN MAGNETAWAN ONTARIO.
*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️in July and August of 2019 we are looking for 1 or 2 people who have some kitchen experience and/or experience making and editing videos. Please contact us if you are interested in helping out!*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️
We are a small family run not-for-profit campground in Magnetawan, Ontario, Canada. This camp has been in our family for more than 50 years. We have 9 cabins on Lake Cecebe that we rent to families and there are also spots for trailers and tents. Our Camp is located in Magnetawan, Ontario, Canada (3 hours drive north of Toronto).
In July we run special programs for families with children who have Autism or other special needs. We also run a Vegan week and other events like Meditation Retreats.
All of us who help at the camp are volunteers. You will see that we are very friendly and believe in giving freely of our time and talents and we are looking for people who share a similar personality.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
You will have the benefit of experiencing the beauty of Northern Ontario - pristine lakes, wildlife, fresh air, serenity. You will feel rewarded for helping an organisation that is truly giving back. If you are learning English, you will have a lot of opportunity to practice. We also love playing music and singing around the campfire.
We are looking for one or two people who can help in the following areas (they are listed in order of priority):
1. Cleaning Cabins- we need someone who has attention to detail and can help us clean cabins. Cleaning would be less 10 hours per week.
2. Building - we need someone who has carpentry skills. We would like to build a tiny cabin. You can visit our website or look in the photos below to see a sample of one that we already have.
3. Gardening - since we are so busy running programs, we struggle every year to get a vegetable garden going. Help here would be great.
4. Landscaping - we have a lot of grass to cut so helpers should be comfortable using a lawnmower, weed-wacker and riding lawnmower. Brush removal. Stacking wood. Working on trails.
5. General Maintenance - should be handy enough to fix small repairs (hole in a screen door, wobbly picnic table). Painting.
6. Social Media - we would love more help posting regularly to our website, facebook and instagram.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️IMPORTANT*️️️️️️️️️️️️ this is a family camp. Responsible alcohol consumption is acceptable when not directly interacting with the guests. Intoxication is never permitted. We are looking for mature people who are looking for a peaceful place to spend their summer and are eager to chip in.
Fluent in English - Basic Spanish
In May and June we can offer you a rustic fully equipped cabin (see the website for photos and descriptions). In July & August, we can offer you a large comfortable tent with a proper bed or a small trailer with a proper bed (the cabins are filled with customers). You will have access to a well equipped shared kitchen and a hot shower room. We also have wifi.
Please note! We are vegan and only prepare vegan meals. Please don't let this discourage you as we are fantastic cooks!
There is so much to see and do in your spare time. We have canoes, kayaks and pedal boats which you are free to use to explore the lake. We also have a nice beach for swimming and a great beach volleyball court. There is a quaint town nearby with a beautiful park, trails etc. There are rapids nearby and artsy places to visit. But mostly, this is a place to SLOW DOWN and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week