We are a happy Malay family managing a Country Resort, with the help of our volunteer friends. The hotel is located in the center of Langkawi, a beautiful island in Malaysia, close to the border to Thailand and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, where you can even spot white face monkeys or even monitor lizards. We are currently renovating some of the rooms, and the other facilities, so any skills in this area will come in handy.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We are currently renovating lots of our rooms, so we would need mostly help with:
1. housekeeping (cleaning the rooms after our guests check out)
3. reception (we have 2 shifts available: morning and afternoon)
4. gardening (cutting the grass, cleaning the front and backyard)
5. general maintenance and repairing in rooms
8. planting flowers, if you would be interested
9. planting fresh vegetables near the volunteer's dorm, if you're interested in this project
We prefer long term volunteers (more than 2 weeks), as this will allow you to better integrate in our volunteer's community/family.
You would stay at our dormitory building where you may have to share the room with other volunteers (dorm room) or have a private room, if it is available and you're a couple.
We only provide breakfast, which is bread and coffee :).
There is no meal provided during your off day
The hotel is taken care by a lovely Malaysian family, and yes, you can use the pool in your free time :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day 6 days a week