We are a small village association based in the heart of Cap Corse, in Barrettali. Our main goals are threefold.
1. To contribute to the protection of the environment in our microregion through direct action and through education.
2. To promote the development of sound and viable activities in our village.
3. To strengthen the local social network through the implementation of actions that bring people together.
Help with Eco project
Last year, the event was a true success. We had a lot more visitors than expected even though the weather was not very promising, the people who came were all very enthusiastic, the conferences-debates were thrilling...
We expect the event to be the same, maybe even better, this year!
You will be given the opportunity to meet a lot of very interesting individuals who, for the most part, chose to live according to their convictions, close to the land and with respect for nature.
For the second year in a row, on April 22nd we will be organizing a one-day event called "Sambiu Ortu - Troc Jardin", meaning "Garden Barter". At the center of the event is a big table where everybody can leave something (seeds, plants, tools, books...) for others to take, and anybody can take something they need.
During this event, we also host conferences-debates with professionals and individuals who share their experience about tree pruning, seeds reproduction, the installation of young farmers in isolated rural territories...
Some people will demonstrate how to do traditional basket-weaving, how to forge iron tools, how to graft plants...
We would also like to organize workshops for children to learn how to plant seeds or do small gardening.
For all of this, we need people to help us:
- a few days before the event (to prepare the place, install the bar or the dry toilets...),
- during the event (to welcome people and explain how the event works, to help at the bar, to animate the kids' workshops...)
- a few days after the event to help tidy everything.
We are used to welcoming groups of Scouts in the summer and they always camp on a nice piece of land, shadowed by beautiful olive trees. There, you could pitch a tent or park a van if you have one. You would have access to drinkable water and to a fridge in a house nearby.
The association's volunteers have decided to invite the helpers for supper - each day in a different house!
You would be provided with basic goods for breakfast and lunch.
The camping site is located about 30 minutes from the sea by foot, 15 minutes from a nice river - charming but oh! so cold in the winter!
There are a lot of marked hiking paths around the camping site that take you in the village and to the next village.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week