Thank you for visiting our profile!
As we hope for a deep, enjoyable connection with everyone who join our community, we kindly ask you to carefully read the content of our profile before sending an application.
You may also take a look at our picture gallery before reading. they all include description and will provide you with a better idea of our hosting.
We are a young couple + a lovely dog :)
We used to live a busy, successful business life in Bangkok for over 10 years.
After all that we actually learned that happiness and success doesn’t have too much to do with money and material things + we hated the traffic and pollution, so we decided to leave all luxuries behind and started a new balanced and easy going life away from the crowd.
We started hosting around 5 months ago and quickly learned that it isn't just bed and breakfast in exchange for work but an awesome way to make friends, share and learn amazing things from people coming here.
We actually follow in love with the idea, therefore we decided to dedicate our entire time and lifestyle to workaway and our future!
We consider workawayers as our family members, so if you arrive here you are like at your own home surrounded with friends and love.
My girlfriend Eu is an excellent cook.
She spend whole days at our living base preparing meals, make sure everyone gets clean, comfortable spot and enjoyable stay. She is an adorable person and quickly get along with others. She is also teaching how to cook, so you are about to have a Thai cooking class for free ;)
My name is Jacob.
I'm in charge of managing our construction site, planing, building, keep you busy and happy.
I reply to all applications and make sure to lead a great team. I'm responsible for receiving workawayers. I'm helpful and informative in all kind of matters.
We also take care of 2 lovely kids Yim (12 yo) and Hotte (5yo) who stay with us part time spreading positive energy and life all around.
ABOUT OUR LIVING/DINING BASE:
We are based 15 km from Chiang Mai in the middle of rice fields and flower farms surrounded with mountain views and beautiful nature.
The Property is situated in the middle of rice and flower farms, nearly Samoeng road famous for best sites, like waterfalls, caves, botanic gardens and more on a beautiful track leading through the mountains with stunning views. Great for day trips, accessible on scooters on your days off.
We have banana and papaya trees around constantly supplying us with fruits.
ABUT OUR PROJECT:
Our final goal is to set up self sustainable Eco camp which is currently under development on a 3000 sq2 (3200 sqft)
It is beautifully located right next to huge rice paddies with a irrigation stream and fabulous view. (check picture section)
This property is 2 km away from the Living /Dining base.
Currently outgoing work:
1. Building Eco Friendly bungalows. We are currently at learning process here. Huts and other structures are build at our land by local professionals. We are learning by watching and building with them. Final goal is to have bamboo construction workshop, so we can work on it with workawayers and share the knowledge. If you poses some skills in this field let us know while applying, such help is very much in need. If your target is to learn, please ask while applying whether there are plans to build anything during your stay.
2. Landscaping, gardening, planting fruit trees.
3. Cooking. Eu teaches Thai culinary and you are welcome to come up with your recipes as well.
4. Everything concerning permaculture. Please note that our skills are yet undeveloped in this area. We are at the planing stage and just trying out new things. Please do not expect a lot if you your target is to come here to get extensive knowledge. We are rather looking for experts whiling to share the knowledge.
5. Cultural exchange. You are still welcome if you dont have any strong skills, there is always a room for help and exchanging knowledge in all areas.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
We do not strictly expect specific type of help or work hours count from each workawayer. The type of input from your end depends on your skills, age, physical condition and is discussed individually upon your application or arrival with a respect and accordance to workaway.info guidelines.
Due to large variety in help that is needed on our project we accept everyone possessing any skils .
-Garden/ Landscaping work.
-Permaculture work such as making compost, building bamboo bungalows, build adobe floors.
-House maintenance and organisation.
-Yoga and Meditation.
-Decorators and architects.
-Skilled trades man such us carpentry, welding, masonry.
Woodworkers with high skills in perambulate and bamboo construction are very much needed and welcome.
We expect everyone to be dedicated to whatever they are working on. We love people who take work seriously, fully understand what they are doing and why.
1. Knowledge. Specially Thai cooking, gardening, bamboo construction, permaculture (limited, please ask while applying)
2. Learn to live a simple life yet full of joy in a country side with locals rather then staying at turistic places.
3. Learn yoga and meditation.
4. Be a part of our community, meet amazing people, make friends, get to know their culture and get connected.
5. Taste our delicious meals and learn to cook amazing Thai cuisine.
5. Enjoy these awesome BBQ nights with a beer while playing monopoly.
6. Use awesome cycling/running tracks all around (yes we do have a free bicycle).
7. Enjoy the chilling mornings with a cool fresh air and a signing birds getting you out of bed.
5. Train Muay Thai boxing. The boxing ring is just walking distance from our living base.
6. Make yourself fit by visiting 700 year stadium (5 km away). It is the biggest sport complex in Thailand. It is like a small town with all sport facility you can imagine. Olympic swimming pool, 5 m deep diving pool with different jumping heights, tennis court, badminton, running track and a lot more.
8. Visit famous Huay thung tao lake with floating restaurants and fabulous scenery. (6 km away)
9. Visit famous Samoeng track leading through mountains. Great for a day trips to visit Queen Sirikit botanic garden, elephant sanctuaries, butterfly farms,orchid farms, temples, rural villages, and waterfalls.
10.Visit amazing Chiang Mai, see the temples, markets, enjoy crazy night life.
10.Get refreshing swim in a swimming pool located walking distance from our living base.
2 Nice bamboo huts in the garden of our rented house.
2 Bathrooms and dining room at the same place.
Property is in a quiet peaceful place, beautiful garden, a lot of shaded area with hammocks and plants all around.
3 bedrooms in a sweet house on our development site. This option is great for sleeping and hanging out. There is huge patio with deck cheers overlooking huge area of rice fields and mountains view however the house has no kitchen and is 2km away from the rented house serving temporarily as dining/living base. Good point of being here is that you are right at the development site, but you will have to make 2-3 short trips for breakfast lunch and dinner at the dining base mentioned above.
You are obviously welcome to be at both places at any time.
It is nice to rent a scooter to move in between both places. Rentals are available locally at very low costs.
It is also a must if you want to explore all great places like waterfalls, lake, botanical gardens, butterfly farms or just grab a beer at 7/11. All of it is 5-10km away from both places without any public transport.
Chiang Mai is 15 km away.
We all have scooters and will be happy to pick you up from Chiang Mai (Even for couples with back packs)
You can also get here with Uber. The trip from Chiang Mai cost around 200 thb.
Please keep inv mind that we are nonprofit organisation. Our hosting is an exchange of culture and knowledge. We are both unemployed and fully devoted to run our dream hosting.
Hosting people who expect to learn new skills, provide help witch is consumed by whole community of our project we are in need to share the cost of food and accommodation.
The fee is 5 USD each day of your stay collected in front for 7 days. If you stay longer it will be collected on weekly basis.
Please confirm that you are aware of the above while sending an application.
For an exchange we provide 3 sold meals each day of your stay and very comfy accommodation.
Please bring shower gel, cosmetics, and all personal hygiene products with you.
While applying let me know what is your favorite fruit to give me a sign that you have read our profile from top to bottom and confirm you are truthfully interested into our hosting.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
4 working days and 3 days off in a week.
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteers stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.
My Photo Album