*️️*️️*️️UPDATE we are available from 26th December and willing to host during New Year
We are Eu and Jacob
We used to live a busy, successful business life in Bangkok for over 10 years.
After all that we decided to move to a quiet place far from traffic and city life.
We started hosting around 2 years ago and quickly found it to be an awesome way to make friends and learn amazing things from people coming here
We are now 15 km from Chiang Mai where we rent a house with big garden which we have adapted specially for hosting purpose. It is a remote location in a rural place famous for rise farming and flowers plantations. We are surrounded by mountains, lakes and waterfalls. Living here is very peaceful, in a very beautiful nature.
We also take care of 2 lovely kids Yim (12 yo) and Hotte (5yo) who stay with us part time spreading positive energy and life all around.
We also have a friendly Labrador on our property.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
3-5 hours work a day, 5 days a week.
You do not work on your arrival day. It is counted as your day off. However your departure day is Additional day off.
Remaining days off are given at the end of your stay unless we agree otherwise.
If you need more days off please let us know ahead, we are flexible.
We work early morning to avoid heat and to finish early so to enjoy most of day.
It happens sometimes that we don’t have enough work when hosting too many people, so you will get additional days off.
Currently ongoing tasks:
-Daily maintenance of our hosting base (cleaning house and garden).
-Cooking and serving food.
-Garden work such as replanting trees, removing weeds, planting flowers and new trees.
-Permaculture work such as bamboo preservation, bamboo construction, compost making, adobe beds.
Please state your skills when applying. If you are expecting to do some specific tasks please ask while applying to find out if it is available.
1. Knowledge. Specially Thai cooking, gardening, bamboo construction, permaculture (limited, please ask while applying)
2. Learn to live a simple life yet full of joy in a country side with locals rather then staying at turistic places.
3. Learn yoga and meditation.
4. Be a part of our community, meet amazing people, make friends, get to know their culture and get connected.
5. Taste our delicious meals and learn to cook amazing Thai cuisine.
5. Enjoy these awesome BBQ nights with a beer while playing monopoly.
6. Use awesome cycling/running tracks all around (yes we do have a free bicycle).
7. Enjoy the chilling mornings with a cool fresh air and a signing birds getting you out of bed.
5. Train Muay Thai boxing. The boxing ring is just walking distance from our living base.
6. Make yourself fit by visiting 700 year stadium (5 km away). It is the biggest sport complex in Thailand. It is like a small town with all sport facility you can imagine. Olympic swimming pool, 5 m deep diving pool with different jumping heights, tennis court, badminton, running track and a lot more.
8. Visit famous Huay thung tao lake with floating restaurants and fabulous scenery. (6 km away)
9. Visit famous Samoeng track leading through mountains. Great for a day trips to visit Queen Sirikit botanic garden, elephant sanctuaries, butterfly farms,orchid farms, temples, rural villages, and waterfalls.
10.Visit amazing Chiang Mai, see the temples, markets, enjoy crazy night life.
10.Get refreshing swim in a swimming pool located walking distance from our living base.
2 Nice bamboo huts in the garden of our rented house.
2 Bathrooms and dining room at the same place.
Property is in a quiet peaceful place, beautiful garden, a lot of shaded area with hammocks and plants all around.
3 bedrooms in a sweet house on our development site. This option is great for sleeping and hanging out. There is huge patio with deck cheers overlooking huge area of rice fields and mountains view however the house has no kitchen and is 2km away from the rented house serving temporarily as dining/living base. Good point of being here is that you are right at the development site, but you will have to make 2-3 short trips for breakfast lunch and dinner at the dining base mentioned above.
You are obviously welcome to be at both places at any time.
It is nice to rent a scooter to move in between both places. Rentals are available locally at very low costs.
It is also a must if you want to explore all great places like waterfalls, lake, botanical gardens, butterfly farms or just grab a beer at 7/11. All of it is 5-10km away from both places without any public transport.
Chiang Mai is 15 km away.
We all have scooters and will be happy to pick you up from Chiang Mai (Even for couples with back packs)
You can also get here with Uber. The trip from Chiang Mai cost around 200 thb.
Please keep inv mind that we are nonprofit organisation. Our hosting is an exchange of culture and knowledge. We are both unemployed and fully devoted to run our dream hosting.
Hosting people who expect to learn new skills, provide help witch is consumed by whole community of our project we are in need to share the cost of food and accommodation.
The fee is 5 USD each day of your stay collected in front for 7 days. If you stay longer it will be collected on weekly basis.
Please confirm that you are aware of the above while sending an application.
For an exchange we provide 3 solid meals each day of your stay and very comfy accommodation.
Please bring shower gel, cosmetics, and all personal hygiene products with you.
While applying let me know what is your favorite fruit to give me a sign that you have read our profile from top to bottom and confirm you are truthfully interested into our hosting.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
4 working days and 3 days off in a week.
Warum lässt workaway.info Inserate von Gastgebern zu, die einen finanziellen Beitrag verlangen?
In Entwicklungsländern (wo die meisten Gastgeber gemeinnützige Arbeit oder Gemeinschaftsentwicklungsarbeit anbieten) verlangen einige unser Gastgeber einen kleinen Beitrag, um die Gastfamilie oder NGO zu unterstützen (meist handelt es sich um weniger als 5 USD pro Tag). Workaway lässt diese Art von Inseraten dann zu, wenn die Spende direkt an die Familie oder die NGO geht und nur dazu dient, die Kosten des Aufenthalts des Volunteers abzudecken. (Dies wird im Inserat des Gastgebers deutlich angegeben).
Wir lassen keinerlei Inserate von Agenturen, „Vermittlern“ oder Projekten zu, bei denen wir das Gefühl haben, dass sie Profit aus dem Aufenthalt von Volunteeren schlagen wollen.