This is a transformational retreat hosting facility in San Marcos la Laguna that supports personal growth and community celebration in multiple inspirational ways entering our second season nurturing activities such as yoga, acroyoga, dance, cacao ceremonies, etc.
We are now in a phase of building our management systems and team whilst still investing in and supporting exchanges with the community of artists (visual, performing, circus). We are especially focusing on social media content to best position this space to it's intended audience. We also continue to invest in art projects and documenting the magic with photography and short promo videos that capture the essence and magic that unfolds here.
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
The site is nestled in a traditional Mayan Village. You will have contact with local villagers who are employed on-site. They speak both Spanish and Kakchiquel Mayan language. You will experience a version of heaven on earth (if you let it be that way :-) ).
Open call for professionals in the following areas
1. SOCIAL MEDIA wizard! We have one season under our belt, a very awesome library of pictures to showcase the space and the magic. We are seeking guidance, assistance, leadership in social media presence for our pages for Eagle's Nest Atitlan
2. PHOTOGRAPHER / VIDEOGRAPHER professionals: creating promo videos (brief will be given) and photo portfolios (we will agree on themes/story(ies) to capture)
3. ARTISTS (performers, circus & visual): Life is more awesome when surrounded by great art, hey!? It's an open invitation to contribute towards art installations that align with the themes of the space (transformation, The Little Prince, Adventure & Travel, Pilgrim of Santiago de Compostela, Mayan Cosmology & Traditions, inspirational)
4. EVENT ORGANISERS & PRODUCERS: We produce many events and wish to develop our offerings more. We are looking for experienced producers to help run current events & design new events. There may not be events running in low season (May through November).
-- Event Producer: Retreats, One day music events, Mini-Festivals
-- Creative Producers: Stage design, signage, space curation, branding.
5. STAGE DESIGNERS - CREATIVE DIRECTORS: We are now seeking experienced stage designers to develop concepts and turn them into reality for themed events.
English, French, Spanish, Italian.
You will have a very comfortable mattress in a dormitory, sharing with other work exchangers. Shared compost toilets, shower & kitchen available for cooking meals. We also have internship and fellowship programs available for longer stay commitments (3 months+ - see our website)
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO KEEP YOUR PERSONAL SPACES AND SHARED SPACES CLEAN AND ORDERLY FOR YOUR OWN AND THE BENEFIT OF ALL.
San Marcos La Laguna, on lake Atitlan is where the project is based. This is a small community of foreigners living in a village of approx. 5000 maya indigenous people. Swimming in the lake is always a favourite. Chilling and enjoying the space and views. Hikes in the valley. Temascal nights (maya sauna). Paddle boarding, canoying and SUP. Visiting nearby villages. Hikes to nearby waterfalls. An array of well-being treatments and courses available in San Marcos.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
4 hrs per day 5 days per week (Flexible)