304 “me gusta”
Hello, My name is Ghea, I speak Sundanese (native language) , Indonesian and English at intermediate level. I was born and grew up in Sukabumi, West Java. back then I was working for German company abroad and after that, I decided to take a long break and start volunteering, my recent volunteering experience was teaching at one public school in Thailand and now i stay around for one year or two to help my parents business in Sukabumi also doing social project around my city, it's a small city , and still developing. please do some research about my city "Sukabumi" before you apply.
Trabajo de caridad
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Indonesia is rich in diversity, with -/+ 18000 islands, 300 ethnic groups, and 700 living languages!!!!. My city , Sukabumi is spread out in the southern part of West Java province, it is also one of the widest regency areas in West Java. Sukabumi means “The earth who gives a pleasure.” The area is popular for its beautiful nature, cool climate and friendly inhabitants. With its location, you are not only having a beautiful place to live in, but also a central position to visit other famous places and cities. You can see the turtle beach, a big amount of different mountains, paradisiacal beaches to swim in, surf on and dive into. The other cities as Jakarta or Bandung are easily reachable by car or by train. you can learn more about our culture and learn our languages and live like locals! I can teach you how to cook local food, learning our language and have a deep understanding, not just a glimpse, of the culture and people of Indonesia.
- Free accommodation and meals during your time here.
- if you have enough time you can Learn about the Batik drawing (Wax - resist dyeing technique) , Pencak Silat (Traditional Martial Arts), Learning the Indonesian Culture in General
- i will guide you around the area , or help you with cheapest traveling options around here or i can suggest you how to travel in cheap ways around Indonesia
- My mom's tailoring service could make special traditional outfits for free or whatever you prefer for you if you have enough time to stay.
example of the cultural exchange offers :
- Learn the Indonesian Language and culture with me and interact with locals around.
- you will learn how to cook Indonesian food from me & my family!
I have some projects but you can choose which one you prefer,my main project is teaching, i do these projects voluntarily. usually i teach kids English & soft skills in the school and to the community in the village. most of the time in the remote area/isolated area and i also teach university student sometimes.
ps : Once again, Please do some research about my city "Sukabumi" before you decide to apply and you have to know if you want to volunteering in indonesia more than 30 days you need "social cultural visa", i will help with the sponsorship letter for your visa application. i strongly recommended you to apply for that visa if you will stay more than 60 days in indonesia, it's extendable up to 180 days, every 30 day.
- Help With Social projects
I provide free courses to the schools/university in the low - income neighborhood , i also working on village development project, . you can also contribute by giving any idea that might help the community around the city to develop more. Some of my volunteer also help the students learning their language (English, Deutsch, Spanish, etc) for example. i encourage my volunteer to share their culture to the students and the locals in any way and you can learn Indonesian culture from them and me in return. i will also help you to have better understanding about Indonesian culture in general and let you embrace it by joining this project.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
Shared accommodation with a private room and we can help you to provide meals or you also can cook your own meals.
Ps : usually we served sundanese - indonesian food, if you are vegetarian we can help you looking for vegetarian foods.
What you need to know about Sukabumi / Indonesia.
- There is a fair possibility of afternoon rain on a daily basis, especially in the raining season (November – March)
- Most people around you don’t speak English.
- Indonesians generally have different working manners. Everything is done in a more relaxed way, please anticipate and try to adapt.
-Toilets and showers are Indonesian style (Mandi cold water buckets/bucket shower/squat toilet)
-As Indonesia is the world’s most populous muslim country, you will hear “adhan” (call to prayer) five times a day (except in Bali) broadcasted through the Mosque’s loudspeakers starts from early morning around 4:30 AM , 12:00 PM , 15:30 PM , 18:00 PM and 7:30 PM. You need to get used to it.
- In small city like Sukabumi and the other city in indonesia which is not a touristy places, most people rarely seeing foreigner around, Well, expect that you might be asked to make lots of pictures and even give autographs! Being a foreigner in most parts of Indonesia is almost like being someone famous. And a simple exchange of smiles with someone of the opposite sex can make him or her become red of shyness and... happiness. Indonesians will suprise you many times and surely make your stay enjoyable and interesting.
On your time off you would be able to tour the town and tasting local foods (and it's so affordable) or you can learn how to surf or surfing in Cimaja beach, it's like an hour and a half from our places, trekking to the Mount Gede national park and reach the waterfall sites or visit turtle sanctuary in Ujung genteng beach and see them laying eggs! (If you are lucky enough)
getting here and away :
From Jakarta airport :
1. take the "Damri" bus from soekarno hatta airport to sukabumi (available from 08:00 AM - 16:00 PM)
2. you can take sky train to the airport link station and take the train to sudirman station and continue with commuter line to bogor station then after that you can take a train from paledang station (it's 5 minutes walkaway from bogor station) to sukabumi (you need to book in advance) another option is mini van or bus to sukabumi.
3. Book door to door travel from soekarno hatta aiport to sukabumi , but you need to book in advance.
From Bandung airport (i suggest you to go from here because the traffic jam isn't as bad as from jakarta to sukabumi) :
1. you can take taxi or bus from husein sastra negara airport to Leuwi panjang bus terminal and take a bus to sukabumi
2. Book a door to door travel from bandung to sukabumi.
ps : i recommend you to download Gojek or Grab (an online transportation like Uber) from appstore or google play for the transportation options, it's so cheap and easier to get, you can hire a car or motorcyle to take you from A to B point (up to 22- 27 km)
available local transportation :
Online transportation (Gojek, Grab)
Cheapest and easiest way to go from A point to B point! you can download the application on Appstore or google play!
Public Transportation (Angkot)
the ANGkutan KOTa (=city transportation) which is the so-called “Angkot” among Indonesians. These cars look like minivans or minibusses with eye-catching color such as blue, red, or green. Every Angkot has their own route, to distinguish by letter or number code, or line color on the side. The route usually posted on the windshield, example like ‘Bhayangkarai-Degung-City Mall’ means that Angkot will go through those 3 places on their route.
BUS / Train :
To Yogyakarta :
there's a bus with air conditioner from Sukabumi to Yogyakarta , you can book in the travel agent nearby and it's really cheap around $10 . it takes like 12 hours from Sukabumi , usually you will get free food (buffet style) while the bus stop by in the restaurant. and there's a small restroom in the bus
to Bali (Denpasar)
there's bus with air conditioner From Sukabumi to Denpasar , which cost aroud $30 and it takes like 24 - 27 hours and they will stop by in the restaurant for several time and you will get free food also (buffet style) and there's a small restroom in the bus. you can see the scenery around the java island as it will stop by in few cities.
To Bandung :
There's a bus with air conditioner from sukabumi to bandung and it cost like $2 - $3 dollar and it will takes like 3 - 4 hours depends on the traffic.
To jakarta :
There's a bus leave to jakarta but it's rare to find the bus with air con, so the best way to go to jakarta is by Train because the traffic is pretty bad also , and you need to book in advance ( sukabumi - bogor train) then take another train to jakarta. it cost like $3-$4 dollar both train and bus, the train has air con both economy and executive class
ps : There is no airport in sukabumi because it still built and renovate together with the toll road, so the nearest airport is Soekarno Hatta Airport (Jakarta) and Husein Sastranegara Airport (Bandung). the best way to go to Sukabumi is from Bandung!
ps : i can help you out with the book if you let me know in advance
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión ha indicado que le encanta acoger a nómadas digitales.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week