30/06/2019 - 01/07/2020
We’re Rhiannon and Matteo. We are an English-Italian couple who have been travelling the world together since 2010.
Our love for travel is what brought us together, and we met in a hostel in Melbourne ten years ago. Since then our life mantra has been ‘work, save, travel, repeat’ and we’ve been lucky enough to tick a good number of countries off the map since then. Now, after a couple of years working and saving in Vancouver, we are setting off on a new adventure to the Americas!
It’s pretty much our first time on this side of the globe. Our most memorable travel experiences are;
• travelling overland from Southern China to Milan, using any means of transport other than planes, and including camels and the Trans-Siberian
• driving the circumference of Australia, Melbourne to Melbourne, over a period of 5 months.
We can’t wait to see what the Americas have to offer, and what memorable experiences we can create this time around. We think that offering our skills as volunteers will be the perfect way to really absorb and appreciate the countries that we travel to.
Neither of us are afraid to get our hands dirty and are open to doing almost anything. We are both animal lovers and would love to pick up some building skills so would particularly enjoy anything that allows us to do that. We are both young and fit and quick to pick things up, with an eagerness to learn!
Things that we will be very useful for:
• Help with tourists. Spending the last few years travelling means we know what travellers like and don't like. We know not only what is important to tourists but also how to go that extra mile to make them really happy. Our dream is to one day open a hostel or B&B of our own so the chance to gain as much experience in the field as we can is essential. We managed our own Airbnb whilst in Canada and always got 5 star reviews.
• Photography. In our spare time we are both keen photographers. We are always taking snaps on our travels and have recently been improving our post production and editing skills.
• Social media help. Our photography skills always come in handy for social media management. Rhiannon has extensive computer skills and can help out with any online admin such as booking platforms.
• Teaching English & Babysitting. Rhiannon has lots of experience teaching young children and adults through working at a school in Italy, as well as private tutoring and Nannying.
• Gardening/Farm work. Matteo worked on a vineyard in Australia and learned how to maintain the vines and how to manage the upkeep of the vineyard in general. He has also done gardening and landscaping work in Canada.
We are a creative couple love anything artsy. We are currently trying to learn Spanish so a chance to put our conversational skills into practice would be a huge plus!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Help with Social Media
29 & 32
Matteo has an intolerance to chickpeas and lentils! :(
Special dietary requirements