Australia, Germany, Thailand
05/09/2019 - 30/09/2020
I am a nature lover and passionate traveller. I love to be outside, no matter if the sun shines, if it pours from heaven or if the wind blows the brain away. Being outside always brings happiness into my heart and a bright smile with a contented grunt.
Due to my job as a landscape architect in Hamburg/Germany i love to work creatively with living green "material". But office work from 9 to 6 infront of a computer in a big city lacks of a deep connection with nature, that I am truly looking for to reconnect with. To get grounding again. To catch up with the elements again, do essential work that maintains simple and sustainable living, down from the bottom of nature.
The best refuge to connect with the elemental things of earth have been my long term journeys. Thus the past 10 years after university have been a mix of working as a landscape architect in different cities in Germany and being self-reliant as a long term traveller throughout the world, particularly many countries from Europe across the asian continent till Australia and New Zealand. (So, what I definitely can offer are loads of travel stories!)
WHAT IS DRIVING ME
What is driving me out of my comfortzone recently is the question of how to live a sustainable life, that is more contributing and supportive to nature than I am able to live in a city right now and the wish to learn by hands-on-experience with you together rather than learning from reading books in my flat.
As the last 19 months journey brought yoga, meditation and by that spirituality back into my life I am very interested in places and people or communities who combine this art of living with a simple, sustainable, nourishing life in the countryside or their backyards. I'd love to reconnect with plants and animals, happy to work with all of them and with you. I'd love to feel the energy of your space, learning from you what it means to live int this or that way and hopefully being able to integrate parts of it into the life I would love to live back in Germany or where life will carry me.
I'd love to contribute with my knowledge as a landscape architect to your project in exchange of practical hands-on-experience in your garden or nature property! Be aware I am not an experienced gardener! Landscape Architects unfortunately work almost entirely with computers!!! This doesn't keep me from making my hands dirty. I love dirt under my nails, sticky brown soil under my feet and being physicaly active in the elements.
I have knowledge about wild herbs of Germany, know how to find the main ones and how to use them in every day life to help oneself to a natural state of health without chemical medication. I am very interested in the herbs and plants, their spirits and qualities of your countries and very happy for an exchange of knowledge!
I'd love to take photographs of nature, particularly of the small things, whose beauty and essence is mostly overseen by our superficial and hectic life style and the importance we give just to ourselves. (See some photos below)
By heart I am a Thai Yoga Massage Therapist. Its a very fullfilling challenge for me to help restoring and balancing ones own life force on the physical, emotional and spiritual level; to help people to reconnect with themselves and give support on their own paths in life for a healthier living and acting in this world.
- whipper snipping and mowing
- stone wall building
- using different types of saws for wood and metal, sanding ... so some construction experience
- wood chopping and splitting experience
- weeding, planting, animal care (chicken, dogs, cats, goats)
- some experience in sheep muster and cameleering
- no fear of assisting in animal preparation for food ... although I prefer to see them alive ;-)
- fruit preserves making
WHAT GENERALLY COMES WITH ME:
- work ethic with common sense, patience and curiosity
- Work with computers, CAD skills, designing open spaces, maybe designing web pages depending on the program (but not entirely - because I need a break from computers!!!
- Thai Yoga Massage when appreciated and for a fair exchange
- taking great photos when needed, e.g. for advertisement of your property, plants etc ...
- cooking and preparing vegetarian and vegan meals, no particular recipies or cooking rules, they just come up with the ingredients that are available on the spot
- travel stories for camp fires or living rooms or elsewhere
- know how to paint (painted lots of own flats), work creatively
- know what a rake is and used in grandma's garden, knows what a mower is, but never was allowed to use it - NOW THATS MY CHANCE!!!
- definitely know plants, herbs, vegetable, fruits to plant and to eat!!! Yeeaaayy!
- very handsome, openminded and adaptable human being
- likes to have a good laugh while being in the deep doo-doo
- likes to learn for life
Love good coffee, dark chocolate and the buttery smell of a crisp french croissant!
Special dietary requirements
Vegetarian, on very special occasions (e.g.christmas) happy organic meat is ok for me.