Favourited 1113 times
We are a growing project working for the economic and social development of the less privileged communities in the Amazon of Perú. We focus on education, environment, cultural exchange and eco-tourism.
Puerto Inca, Huánuco is a community in which almost 80% of the population live without access to basic needs such as, running water, sewage, paved roads, etc. However, Puerto Inca, has the potencial to be a touristic province.
We believe that creating an infraestructure for sustainsble tourism can help to develop these communities.
For this reason, we started this project in June 2018, putting a lot of our hearts and energy into it.
We began with English lessons and are now evolving to create a more encompassing development plan.
We believe that English lessons will help the community to communicate with tourists once they start coming to Puerto Inca and also will help the younger generations to have better life opportunities.
As soon we come back to the new normality, we will start teaching the German language to the Austro-German community in Codo del Pozuzo-Puerto Inca. (New Program)
Our ‘Explorer’ kids program (scouts) is another strategy that we will develop to give a new perspective of life to this Amazonian community.
Our vision is to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children by creating a safe environment for healthy physical, social, and emotional development. We want to encourage a passion and respect for the natural world to help transition eager young minds into caring, socially-conscious global citizens. Through connection with nature we can nurture a better understanding of the environment while improving their interpersonal skills with one another and other adults.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
There are many ways our volunteers can benefit from this cultural exchange:-
1. Volunteers can practice their Spanish with local people. They are always willing to teach Spanish to volunteers.
2. Volunteers will be welcomed into the community where they can witness and take part in the region’s customs and traditions, where people live happily despite their limitations and lack of modern-world facilities. You can develop new friendships and learn how to talk and interact with people from another culture, whilst learning how to adapt to a new environment and different way of living. Our vision is to build relationships, promoting a mutual understanding of respect and values.
3. We are happy to organise trips to local attractions and, of course, into the rainforest, where we can introduce our volunteers to the incredible flora and fauna of our beautiful Peruvian Amazon and also share some fascinating jungle legend stories!
4. And if you like food, you will have the opportunity to learn how to cook some of the amazing Peruvian dishes with the help of our project chef!! Buen provecho!
Do you like sharing knowledge and skills with others? Do you have good leadership and strong communication skills? Do you love being outdoors? Do you have a passion for nature and wildlife and its preservation? Do you like learning about new cultures and traditions?
We are looking for willing volunteers who are interested in enriching the lives of others by contributing to the growth and well-being of the youths and adults in our community.
We need you to support and promote our project in the following areas:-
- Helping during our trips to the jungle.
- Language teaching: adults and children
- Helping kid's clubs
- Interaction with the community, educating in eco-friendly behaviours, recycling etc. proposing new ideas for community development and eco-projects
- Technology support: taking photos and videos for our media sites (no special equipment required); help us create our web-page!
- Maintenance of our volunteer house: cleaning, painting, light building work and repairs, cultivating our back garden
- First aid knowlege, positive attitude and, fun-loving disposition a must!
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
We offer a shared bedroom. We also provide a kitchen where workawayers can prepare their own meals. Food is very cheap in here if you prepare it. You can also get free fruits around the jungle.
,Volunteers can do different activities in their free time including:
- Swimming in the river
- Boating trips
- Visiting plantations
- Bird watching
- Ayahuasca ceremony
- Trekking into the rainforest
- Visiting local caves
- Playing Volley with locals
- We do not charge volunteers to participate in our project.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Our parking lot can be used for any size of vans.
Dogs, cats and other domestic pets are allowed.
More than two
Maximum 15 hours a week - no meals
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: