We are running a farm in the mountains (873 meters, Plateau de Sault ) and breed "castillon" horses respectfully towards all living beings. We apply subtle communication where we invite the horses to work - riding, pulling wood and a horse carriage.
The castillon horses are an endangered with only 550 individuals left on earth. We have around 15.
Our project is done out of passion.
Freya and Charles - two friends and neighbours - working together for 6 years. We are both passionate about horses, smiling and laughing a lot. We are looking for self-motivated people with an eye for things that need doing, and we need help in participating in the daily work. At the moment we are restoring the stable, creating horse-boxes inside, preparing winter cutting fire wood and fence making to prepare nice places for the horses.
We have started growing an edible hedge, and more planting works needs to be done.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
- Learning to work with leather
- To learn to "speak" with horses
- Learning about animal traction with mules and horses
- Initiate riding skills
- Initiate subtle communication and equipedagogie
- Learning about foraging and medicinal herbs
- And have a great time
We have a lot of work and could use help with permaculture and general maintance around the garden.
We also need urgent help with building a stable for the horses.
other jobs that we need help with :
- gardening (knowledge in permaculture appreciated)
- fire wood
- horse brushing
- maintenance of riding and working material
- field work
- renovation of buildings (painting) and beautifying the
- scratching horses
Danish, French, English, German
We provide accomodation and full board (breakfast - lunch - dinner)
In the summer months we can offer space in our caravan or you can bring a tent and set it up in the beautiful surrounding nature or in our hayloft with a stunning view, for a little more shelter.
In the winter we can offer a small room, dormitory style (we have good mattresses).
- Light and joyful communication and being together
- Organic food
- A warm house
- Calm and beautiful surroundings (first shop at 3 Km)
- Amazing hiking (we have the maps)
- Skiing not far in winter time
- And a lake and climbing walls 8km from Montplaisir
- Possibility to explore caves and hot springs in the region
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 hours a day 5 days a week