Who are we?
We're the fist eco hostel in Jaipur (and probably have the most extensive eco systems in India) opening in the beginning of January 2017. The hostel is being ran in our family home in the old town of the Pink City - a very-very local Indian experience. As we are a small family run business hosting up to 25 people, we can afford to treat our guests as family friends rather than clients (the same goes for the volunteers!). A comforting, social and fun environment is guaranteed when you stay with us. :)
What makes us eco?
We've used natural/low VOC paints, composting, air-purifying plants, organic cotton bedding, natural cleaning agents and recycled furniture. The solar plant, solar water heating and grey water collection is also planned to get in place in a year. We're also trying to follow the mindset 'reduce, reuse and recycle'.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
- There's never a boring day at our hostel as the required tasks vary daily.
- You have a perfect opportunity to experience life in a traditional neighbourhood: the sounds and the smells, the poverty and luxury side by side, the seemingly never-ending cousins and relatives, everyone-knows-everyone life, the curious children, and who knows maybe you'll get lucky by being invited to an Indian wedding as well. ;)
- We are a Muslim family, so you can see the life of Indian Muslims, our traditions, festivals, challenges, beliefs, and we are also happy to tell you about Islam if you're interested.
- You can practise your Hindi and Urdu as we speak a mix of both in our home.
- What's more cooler than helping the community and leaving your mark? Your suggestions (especially about being more environmentally friendly) are really welcomed and we see our hostel as a role-model in the community that encourages the people to be more proactive, creative and environmentally friendly - something that's really needed in India. How cool would it be part of that?
We have many different tasks for volunteers:
- maintaining our mini-garden and mini vegetable garden,
- welcoming the guests and helping them with any problems,
- doing some wall-painting and/or DIY projects,
- sharing your knowledge and skills about being more environmentally friendly, being the 'eco officer',
- a bit of house-keeping and cooking,
- helping us with the social media and technology,
- running errands and helping with the shopping (the awesome Indian bazaars!),
- sharing your ideas about developing the hostel,
- and all the other things we can't even think of now - this is India, remember? :)
English, Hindi, Urdu
You may be sharing a simple room with another volunteer/volunteers in the dorm of the hostel or in a nearby house depending on the occupancy of the hostel and the season. Traditional Indian meals are offered (both veg and non-veg). WiFi is available in the hostel.
As we have children around please respect our culture and family by not consuming alcohol and illegal drugs in the hostel/your accommodation. However, there's plenty of bars and clubs in Jaipur where you're free to loosen up and have a drink or two.
You'll get to stay in one of the coolest cities in India: Jaipur has it all. You can do yoga in the Central Park at sunrise, have a katchori and chai for breakfast, ride a camel and see the amazing Mughal architecture by noon, have lunch in an organic Western cafe, do shopping in one of the many bazaars or modern shops, and finish the night with having a pint in a hip bar.
Jaipur has an awesome mix of traditional heritage, modern India and everything that falls between those two extremes.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: