Bisher 59 mal gespeichert
Please check calendar availability!
Hi there, we are a young couple living in Mendoza (18km from the city). We are a violin maker and a software engineer, and we have 6 cats and 3 dogs, no kids. We are new in the workaway world and the idea of helping exchange sounds like an interesting idea for us. Please note, even when we don't have experience with workaway, we do have experience hosting people (from France, Canada, Switzerland, US, Colombia, México, England, Italy, Germany)... We have been couchsurfers for a while. It has been such a wonderful experience, but now we would like to know a little more about workaway world too... So, please, contact us if you are willing to help somehow. We would like to know proactive and collaborative people.
As we would like to take advantage of this opportunity to practice languages, English speakers are preferred.
COVID: we are fully vaccinated (we both have three doses). We haven't had Covid, and want to keep that way as much as possible, so we ask you to have all needed precautions, care, and honesty about any symptoms if you want to come to our home. Thanks in advance! :)
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
You will be in a relaxed environment. We are flexible, so if you need to take 3 o 4 days off for some reason (travel?), we can reorganize the work in a way that it can suit for you and for us.
In your free time, you can practice Spanish and maybe learn wood work if you are interested in it.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
The specific tasks will depend on the moment you arrive, there are a lot of stuff to do, including:
- gardening: we have a big garden that needs maintenance, especially in summer.
- general maintenance: there are a lot of unfinished stuff (painting, small construction stuff, etc), a pool that needs to be cleaned sometimes, general house cleaning, etc etc.
- pet care: eventually, if we need to travel, we will need you to feed our pets and take care of them.
- preparing meals: as we don't like to cook, cooking for us sometimes would be nice, especially dinner (cooking for yourself is a must).
- wood working: sometimes there are stuff that could be done with wood. If this is the case and you don't know about that, but you want to learn, we can teach you.
Englisch: Gute Kenntnisse
- Small private room with two beds (bunk, please see the picture).
- Shared bathroom right next to the room.
- Free WIFI.
- Some food ingredients: you can use whatever is in the house and you should cook for yourself.
- You can use the swimming pool in summer.
- You can use the washing machine.
If you like wine, Mendoza is all about wine (even when we don't drink much wine and don't use to have wine at home), specifically the tasty Malbec that the surrounding valleys are known for producing. With more than 1200 bodegas (wine cellars) in the area, you’ll have your pick of vineyards and wineries to visit. You can book tours to explore them, rent a bike, go to the near mountains, etc.
Available transport? You have a bus stop 60mts from our house, it is not very frequent but it is still an option (the frequency is about one bus every half hour). It takes you to 'Chacras de Coria' where you can rent a bike, take a winery tour or make some shopping. If you want to go to Mendoza city, you can take another bus in 'Chacras de Coria'.
- Food: we eat meat. Even when lately we are trying to eat less, is one of our favorite food. So take it in mind if you are vegetarian/vegan. Also, we have small food stores in the neighborhood, but if you cant get what you need here, you would need to use the bus for going to a bigger store/supermarket. If we are available we can go by car but we should organize in advance.
- We have very basic cooking equipment, you would have to adapt to it.
- We have 6 cats and 3 dogs, even when there is a lot of space outside, some of them sleep inside. If you don't like cats/dogs or you are allergic, maybe you won't feel comfortable.
- Maximum stay of helpers: it would depend of:
. on the moment: how many tasks to do there are. We don't usually have long-term projects on home-related stuff. We usually decide on the way according to our resources at the moment.
. on how we feel each other sharing this experience.
Let's say 1 week and then we can talk according to the situation.
- We are simple and flexible people. Be responsible and don't abuse in any way and we will be all happy :) .
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Right now we are testing a new (better) internet provider. So far so good, but still in the testing period. So, if you need constant high speed for working, just take this into account. If you have a question about this, just ask.
We have plenty of physical space (to park, to camp, etc)
Take into account we have 3 dogs and 6 cats. Even we are open to receiving your pets, it can be hard to handle sometimes. So let's talk about this in more detail if this is the case.
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week (or 25 hours a week, schedule to coordinate)
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: