We are a community, residential college, and an architectural gem hidden in the south Oxfordshire countryside in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Founded in 1950 as an educational trust, it is a continuing experiment in the advantages and problems of living in a group. Community members share responsibility for running the mansion house (a Grade II*️️ listed building), 55 acres of land, organic kitchen-garden, as well as facilitating educational and alternative courses, events, and festivals too. We are assisted by visiting volunteers from around the world - you could be one of them!
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
• Training in housekeeping, organic gardening, catering for large numbers (for the resident community & volunteers), hosting and running a large venue, animal care, and land management
• A reference for future employers
• Informal discussion time, cultural exchange with residents, other volunteers & visitors; experience with intentional community living
• Chance to improve your English (provided level is already intermediate)
• Quiet reflection space for personal projects and transformation
A typical day may include...
• housekeeping duties, as well as painting/decorating
• assisting with and cooking for the resident community and volunteers (we are usually about 15-20 people for lunch and supper each day)
• help in the gardens/estate inc. planting, fencing, wood chopping etc.
• maintenance help – if you are comfortable - inc. building renovations
You will be staying in one of our lovely outbuildings situated around the main building as there are a limited number of bed-spaces for volunteers within our 17th-century main building; some of which are listed buildings, others are caravans in our grounds. You might be asked to share a room with up to two other volunteers. Food will be provided.
We are accessible by bus - Thames Travel X39/X40.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
5 hours a day, 5 days per week