We are a young family living on our little piece of paradise, the mountains of Turrialba. Our farm is small, but growing. I’m a agricultural engineer but now I’m working from home in international consultancy. Every time I have been in other countries, what I truly feel is the people, the hospitality, the exchange of experiences, the families, the culture. This is how I have made some of my best friends until now. When we decided to settle down, we have had people from all over the world in our farm, sometimes as tourists, sometimes as friends. Now we get to travel through the people that finds us in their voyage. We have a 2 year old son who is a wonderful smart little boy that is growing with the blessing of natural beauty, animals, plants, freedom and lots of love. We would like him to learn English since an early stage while creating a rich cultural experience for our family and we also need help in the farm. We are really cool people. :-)
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
By working with us you get the chance to spend some time of your life with a young and modern tico family, yet simple and authentic. You can enjoy waking up in the mornings with the most stunning sunrise, learn about our values, our language, our food.. you can learn about growing food, about simplicity. We can help you with your Spanish and we can also give you the best advices and recommendations for you to get to know Costa Rica the best way you can.
We need people looking to spend at least 1 month or more in our farm in Costa Rica, while helping us in different tasks, some of them might include (according to what you have to offer), teaching our toddler to speak English or babysitting him, collaborating with the house general order and cleaning, farm work (vegetable garden, animals, composting), building, or teaching us something. Our son is a wonderful little boy who loves to play outside and a person who likes children is a basic requirement. We have dogs, sheep, cows, hens and a vegetable garden. We are open to talk about what you are good at and evaluate if your skills might be a good addittion to our project.
We are comfortable with the idea of having a couple and dividing the work between both of you, surely there is plenty of work to be done.
This people MUST be:
1. People who enjoy the company of children.
2. Dog person. We have 9 dogs in our farm and we wouldnt want to be in a position of saying "Sorry, we told you so".
3. People who GENUINLY enjoy nature (waking up early, playing outside, working in the garden...). I know it is hard for some people the weather in Costa Rica, the sun, the rain, the mosquitoes. We will not be unreasonable about this, we would just like to have someone who wakes up int he morning with a good attitude without having us knocking on your door for you to wake up.
3. People with good personal higiene (deodorant, teeth, hair). Costa Rica is a country where in general terms we appreciate someone who is clean, and unfortunally we have had not so good experiences in the past. We do not mean to be invasive, but please understand, farm work is already hard enough, we wouldn't want someone talking and playing with our kid without washing their hands or with a terrible breath.
4. People who are organized with their stuff, no mess (in or outside their room).
4. Respectful, mature and responsible. We know that volunteering is the best way to travel, however, it takes a lot of work and effort for a family to open the doors of our dynamic and explain everything to someone new, you would like to make sure it is worth it. If what you are looking for is only free acommodation and food during your trip. I recommend to look for another kind of place (maybe a restaurant or a hostel, somewhere where you could just work the hours you commited and then take off). Your work schedule in the farm will be respected, but at the same time you must understand that staying with a family means more socializing in personal terms and being part of the family dynamic, even when you are off the clock (this means helping with the cooking, or dishes, or spending a little time playing with our son, or getting to know us better and chatting, not only waiting to finish your work to leave or do your own.
On the other side, if you come to our place and honestly agree to these terms, Im sure the experience will be succesfull and our farm is a place were you will always be safe, you will have a home in Costa Rica. I like the idea for having someone more experienced, so if you are a mommy or a daddy or a granny and this post caught your attention, at this moment, we would apreciatte an addition of wisdom to our family.
Weekends are generally off.
Breakfast and lunch offered. Dinner you are on your own (you can cook), we usually dont have dinner.
Private Room in farm house, beautiful wooden chalet. Cozy, simple and beautiful. Volcano and city view.
Close to Turrialba Volcano, Irazu Volcano, Pacuare River Rafting, Guayabo Archeological Park, 1hr away from San José. 2-3 hrs away of both Pacific and Caribbean.
Trails within the farm.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week