Min 3 months please.
Use the same base as AirAsia and Mindvalley for your travels around South East Asia (think cheap flights to Bali, Thailand, Vietnam and more..)
My name is Evelyn and I've just recently moved back to my home country, Malaysia, after being away for 15 years (12 years in Canada and 3 years in Thailand). I've just recently opened a yoga studio in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur and would love to have you be part of the team.
ABOUT THE JOB
Currently, I'm teaching most of the classes here and as our clientele picks up, I need a little bit more time on the admin and marketing side (i.e. computer work) to keep the studio running smoothy.
I need help in either of these areas: teaching yoga or admin/marketing.
So if you're a yoga lover, yoga teacher with a great attitude, this is the workaway for you!
Our team is built from a community of local and international teachers that travel. We currently have a team of 4 teachers and I would be happy to give you 6-8 classes (6 to 8 hours) a week and mentor and support you through your learning process.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Less than 15 hours a week, lots of time to explore Malaysia / Asia)
- Teaching 8 classes a week (1 hour per class) | TOTAL : 8 hours /week
- Light cleaning in the studio and our home (clean up after yourself and weekly chores to keep our place clean) | TOTAL : 2 hours/week
- Administrative tasks or errands here and there ( < 4.5 hours/week) |TOTAL : < 4.5 hours/week
GRAND TOTAL : 10 TO 15 hours / week
Please note that these are estimates in each area, some areas may require more time but more or less these are the guidelines.
- You will be staying with me in my apartment in Mont Kiara next door to the studio.
- food is unfortunately NOT INCLUDED in our exchange as I've had too many issues in the past with restrictive diets, etc. However, food is abundant in Malaysia and I can recommend you many places to suit your taste buds. Groceries are also very affordable.
- You will gain a lot of experience as a new teacher and I will provide you a lot of constructive feedback on language of instruction, voice control and class command.
BEST SUITABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO :
- are digital nomads that have another stream of income or have savings to sustain themselves.
- positive individuals who love to learn about other cultures, adventurers, entrepreneurs.
- hold a 200HR YTT Certification preferably or passionate about yoga (I am certified to train other teachers and would be happy to work out a certification if you would like to put in extra hours).
UPDATE : I'm sad that I even have to write this but !!! MUST BE a respectful individual who can take direction without attitude please. This is a work exchange for rent. You will benefit a lot from learning and meeting my community. Please do not forget your tasks and take advantage of this.
This is not a workaway that can fully sustain your cost of living here. I provide accommodation (in exchange for work) to offset the cost so you can travel longer and live in sunny Kuala Lumpur, but you will need money for your food, transport and activities you want to pursue. You can use our house as a base for your travels and teach what you're passionate about, which does not even feel like work :)
They will earn mentorship into the yoga and hospitality industry as well as being part of an international community. You will learn best practices with your students, how to use the language of instruction and gain valuable feedback every week regarding your teaching style.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
Will need a yoga teacher to teach 6 to 8 classes a week, plus some light studio and house cleaning in exchange for free accommodation. Perfect for new yoga teachers to gain confidence and be mentored.
Thai: Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Dieser Gastgeber gibt an, dass er dir gern seine Muttersprache beibringt oder selbst eine Sprache lernen möchte.
Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn, um weitere Auskünfte zu erhalten.
A Single Room with Single bed with desk, closet and large windows (about 12m2) in a beautiful apartment building with swimming pool, gym and right next door to the studio.
Flexible schedule and you during your time off you can visit places such as Penang, Melaka and our beautiful islands (Perhentian, Rawa, Tioman, etc). Will update this list soon.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week (No food)