We are a young French family of 4 :
> Ronan & Claire, 35 years old, passionated about wine, food, books, crafts, flee markets, ecology of course,languages, economics, getting together with families and friends. Our works are related to our passions : Ronan is in the wine sector and Claire in a publishing house. Our hobbies are related to food, wine, crafts, children, friends, local tourism, decorating our house...
> little Charles, 4 years old, now passionated about books, plays of words, books, sharks, legos, princesses, knights, books, board games, books, outdoor games, and did I mention books ?
> baby Abigael, 1 year old, found of songs, smiles, and practice to be able to move, climb, walk everywhere !
We've practiced and enjoyed other hosting platform before we had a family, we've also both lived abroad, and are happy to now welcome the world in our house (we see Workaway somewhere between c.surfing and au-pair : ideal for families like us who would be happy to be given a hand, while sharing culture and house and nice time with people, with flexibility) !
At that moment of our family life we don't have several hours to share daily with workawayers. Still we are hosting with pleasure and are available most days for a chat and occasionaly share meals, just note that staying at our place is better for someone independant or who is not looking for hours of daily social interaction with the family.
Plus the house is very well located to add social life : language lessons/swaps ? meetings with other internationals ? Cultural or sport activities... we can give advice about about these).
We can give you more details and discuss all that before commiting to each other of course.
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
The house has more than 100 years old and is full of charm ! It is very confortable as the main renovation works are done. There's a small quiet garden.
OUR HOUSE IN LILLE
We live very close to the center town and to a tube station (2 min walk). Many facilities and cultural places are also very close (3-8 min walk) : bakeries, farmers markets, supermarkets, nice library, swimming pool, little parcs, yoga classes, museums, music and art classes, LANGUAGE CLASSES 5 min walk away (French and English - see Alliance française and Centre culturel britannique)....
The location of the house (2 min walk form the tube station - 2/3 tube stations to the very center) is perfect to quickly go to university, to the center of Lille and to the train station, to the numerous cultural places (theaters, opera, "maison folie", etc. etc.), shopping centers etc.
LILLE, VIBRANT CULTURAL CITY
Lille () is a big vibrant city with many students, many free cultural activities, languages swaps and language schools, nice museums, many concerts venues, many great ways of learning French and the French way of living.
WE LIVE IN THE HEART OF EUROPE !
Another great asset : Lille is amazingly located to visit Europe and enjoy nature !
- The sea > 1 h by train or driving
- Paris > 1 h by train (from central Lille to central Paris)
- London > 1h30 by train (from central Lille to central London)
- The Uk (Kent) > 1 h by train, 3 h driving + ferry
- Belgium > less than 30 min drive or train ; Brussels at 40 min by train ; Bruges
- The Netherdlands > 2 h by train or driving
- Germany > 2 h by train or driving
- beautiful French regions such as Normandy, Brittany > 2-5 h by train
- southern France > 3-4 h by train !
WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO
- allow you to have your own space and privacy : the room is on the top floor and rather well separated with our family floors
- give you advice on how to best enjoy Lille (we've been here for a while and love and know well the city)
- lend you some books
- help you with your French if wanted
- introduce you to our favorite local dishes and products
- teach you about wine
- keep practising English or Spanish, or learn some words of another language
- ...get a medal for writing the longest Workaway profile ever !!! (and to notice in your message that you've read it all and understood + or - what we're looking for !)
We need a little bit of help in the house (nice big old house that we are renovating). Looking for someone rather independant, and why not a couple, or friends ! Someone from abroad, or a French. The most important is that we get on well !
Depending on what your skills are and on our needs when you'll be there, we need :
- general help decorating some parts of the house (PAINTING walls and vintage furniture, SANDING the steps of our 120 years old elm wood stairs, small REPARATIONS, why not a bit of electricity or plumbing..)
- SEWING (décoration or useful items,simple clothing... Claire adores fabrics and having ideas of things to make, but she can’t sew)
- WOODWORK/carpentry to improve the children's wood hut ! (see picture)
- an ARTIST who could draw on our bathroom's window (see picture)
- general help with house chores - very occasionaly - (vacum cleaning, cooking, shooping, help in the small garden)
- why not someone who knows well indoor and outdoor plants, hairdressing, upholstery, furniture restoration, framing, lampshade making, photography, kefir and home made cottage cheese...
TASKS AND MEALS
There is a 2nd kitchen and a 2nd bathroom on "your" floor (a floor dedicated to guests/to the 2 very nice students we host in the school year), so we propose a light workaway : 14 h/ week, with flexibility about when to help) in exchange for the accomodation and the use of that kitchen and bathroom. This means you'll have independance, but also that you'll have to buy and cook your food.
We can also discuss this,make an other arrangement and provide food if you need.
OUR HABITS AND WAY OF LIVING
- As a family with young children, we generally go to bed (and are up) early. Hosts can of course sleep later/go out as long as they aren't too noisy...
- We love great quality food and are wine lovers and Ronan is a wine connoiser (but without excessive consumption), we don't smoke/do drugs and smoking isn't permitted in the house.
- We try to have a sustainable way of living
- There is always someone around the house if you need it as we work from home
- No car nor driving licence needed (all very accessible by foot, bike, tube, train, bus).
--- key words in French and Spanish just in case : bois, menuiserie, réparations, couture, madera, peinture, ponçage, pintura, lijado, artista, dibujar, dessin, fresque, cabane, costura, déguisement—-
French, English, Spanish
1 our 2 private bedrooms (1 in the school year, 2 in summer) are available in our house (for 1-2 persons : double bed or 2 single). See pictures !
"Your" room is on a separate floor, on top of the house, where there are 3 bedrooms + 1 bathroom + 1 kitchen. In the school year 2 rooms are rent to 2 friendly and easy going students, and 1 is for guests (friends or workawayers).
We prefer not to share all the meals together (remember French have specific habits with meals ! - and it's an important moment we share as a family). As you'll have your own kitchen that should be easy ! And we like to think that some workawayers are happy to have their independance that way. Of course some occasional meals can be shared for you to taste our favorite dishes and specialities or to allow us to taste yours !
Feel free to contact us to know more about us, what we offer, and about the house (we can send photos, translate the description into French or Spanish, give infos on some activities in Lille for instance).
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
14h/week (and you'd buy and cook your own food)
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: