Welcome to Penang, Malaysia!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO VOLUNTEER WITH US, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE SENDING US AN EMAIL.
Where are we located? It is in the Northern Region of Malaysia called Penang. Simpang Ampat is a suburb of Penang and is located at the Southern of Penang's Mainland.
Our place is called Go Green Gateway. It is a 1/2 acre land that we are using it as an eco-community area. Currently we are having total 4 shipping containers - 1st container has been converted into an office (to be used as a café later on), 2nd container is an accommodation (3 rooms that consists of 6 beds mix dormitory for volunteers, 1 double bed private room and 2 single beds private room), another 2 containers will only work on it later on.
Volunteering week starts on Monday with check in before 12pm. Check out will be on Sunday before 10am.
MINIMUM VOLUNTEERING DURATION - 1 MONTH (30 DAYS) to 3 MONTHS (90 DAYS)
Your accommodation is included in exchange of 5 hours of volunteering time a day. You are required to volunteer everyday from Monday to Friday. In the evenings you can take time off to explore the neighbourhood. On Saturday and Sunday, there are no volunteering activities.
When you email us, please include these details: NAME, AGE, AVAILABILITY (exact arrival and departure dates), SKILLS (if you have any special skills such as DIY, farming, cooking etc)
FEE (USD2 per day)
Due to previous incidents with the volunteers that caused us stop to take in volunteers from Apr 2015 onwards, we have decided to get a small fee from you as part of the donation towards those people that indeed of the help like sickness, single parent family, poor students etc.
We are equipped with
- 6 bunk beds mixed dorm style with fans in all the rooms
- 1 western sitting toilet, 1 indoor shower
- 2 outdoor showers (to be completed)
- a communal kitchen with water filter, fridge, kettle and a gas stove
- internet access/WIFI
- night market 1 time a week (every Monday)
- morning market everyday (300m away)
- nearest bus stop (1.5km away)
- Farming/Gardening: Manage weed, put fertilizer on the plants, and watering the plants.
- Cooking: Help us to prepare the food ingredients and manage a stall. We will only do the business from 11.30am to 4pm.
WHO CAN JOIN US?
- If you are thinking to run your own business, perhaps you can consider to join us. Basically what we need is someone that is willing to manage the whole area (hostel and language café). So your commitment is very important as you need to be here for at least 3 months. We can discuss further if you are interested. Please send me an email to tell me why are you suitable to handle the non profit community?
We only need maximum 3 volunteers per intake. Who is suitable to be a volunteer with us?
- Farming/Gardening: Manage weed, put fertilizer on the plants, and watering the plants. (If you are good in farming or gardening, then we will need you)
- Cooking: Help us to prepare the food ingredients. We will only do the business from 11.30am to 4pm.
English, Mandarin, Malay
Fan-equipped dorms with bunk beds are available for up to six volunteers per room.
The place have one indoor shower/bathroom (with water heater), one western sitting toilet, two outdoor showers (to be completed).
During the free time, what can you do?
- you can explore the neighborhood by cycling, jogging, fishing (we have 2 bikes for the volunteers to share);
- get a chance to meet the local, Malay Fishing Village, monkeys, cows, goats and birds watching;
- local fresh market only 5-10 mins away;
- you can cycle to Permatang Tinggi New Village whereby it was a settlement that created during the waning days of British rule over Malaya in the 1950s. You can visit St. Mary Church that built since 1928, Chinese Temple that have more than 100 years history, try famous Tambun Biscuit, Prawn Noodle etc;
- you can go to Sauna or Thai Massage at Bukit Tambun (about 2km away);
- you can laid down to relax at the community site by reading, listening to the music, interact with volunteers/customers, surf net or anything you feel comfortable;
- cycle to Batu Kawan beach side (about 10km away);
- Hiking at Batu Kawan Hill (about 10 km away);
- you can visit Pulau Aman. This tiny island is made up of a small fishing village that has been around for more than a hundred years and it is easily accessible with a five-minute boat ride from the Batu Kawan (Jetty Cassia/Jetty Batu Musang). The island is not a foreign place for most residents in Southern Seberang Perai as families there very often make day trips to the island to fish, to explore the rustic fishing village, to dig for some siput at its pebbled beaches and naturally, to partake in a delicious seafood meal of mee udang (prawn noodles) at the Pulau Aman Floating Restaurant;
- If you love seafood, then you should try out at Bukit Tambun. Total about 30 restaurants whereby you can try the fresh seafood with very affordable price.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week