Bisher 78 mal gespeichert
***reach out if you are looking at traveling around JUNE or JULY of 2020. We are not looking for a muralist before then.***
Hello Potential Guest! My name is Olyvia and my partner, Luke, and I are are a laid back couple who have lived in Costa Rica for the past year and have, in that time, acquired two properties to manage. Which is where you come in.
Currently we do not have room for any more *general* workaways. If you are a muralist you will be an addition to our team. We have a full staff of Tico workers who work anything from maintenance, woodworking and cleaning to bartending, baking and cheffing. Some of our staff can speak English so if you are working on your conversational Spanish there are some key employees who have amazing stories and great personalities that you could converse with.
The two properties what we have are very sleek and contemporary, which is wonderful and leaves a lot of white space that we would like to fill. The current projects that we have that we would need a muralist on is:
- a larger mural in the restaurant kitchen wall (realistic beach landscape)
- smaller 6'x6' landscape paintings in each of the 15 rooms in our retreat center (windows looking out onto different Costa Rican landmarks)
- 2 larger creative pieces on the yoga deck (two alcoves that we would like to have representative of the moon and sun - think mandalas and abstract and still beautiful and detailed)
If you are interested in final dimensions or want an idea of the type of work that we would want done and feel that this could be a potential job for you please feel free to reach out with pictures of what you have done before. We would obviously pay for paint and materials and we have a scaffold on the property for the larger kitchen project, we are just missing the creative muralist who would like to come in and make the place more vibrant.
Dominical is truly a gem unlike any other. While a rural town in the Southern Zone of Costa Rica, this spot attracts a very interesting group of people. Now that the beaches are back open for most of the day (5 a - 10 p) there is time again to learn to surf and enjoy the waves. We have a lot of connections with local ticos if learning to surf is on your bucket list.
Ideally you will be here in as soon as possible so you will get to see high season which means waterfalls, hiking trails, amazing surf and people from all over the world. We like to do weekend trips out to waterfalls, hot springs and beautiful sites when we can, and you will obviously be more than welcome to join on these trips.
This is a strangely connected town and being so close to Uvita, Tinamaste, The Osa Peninsula and Perez it is a good launching point for the souther zone, with lots of opportunities to meet other people who could be your next workaway stay.
Ideally we would like someone who is going murals most of the time. With that said I understand that anything can be a monotonous job if it is the only thing you are doing, so if there is a few hours every once in a while that you would like to get in on other projects, we would make sure to make that happen.
Ideally we would like a someone who:
0. Is honest and will do what they say they will do - we work of the trust system here and truly prefer not to micromanage anyone, and trust me, you do not want me micromanaging you.
1. Is a muralist by trade or has done other murals before that they still have pictures of,
2. Truly finds joy in their work. Since it is the major thing that we want you to be doing, we want you to enjoy the work that you do.
3. Wants to leave their beautiful artwork all over two amazing properties in Costa Rica.
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Dieser Gastgeber gibt an, dass er dir gern seine Muttersprache beibringt oder selbst eine Sprache lernen möchte.
Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn, um weitere Auskünfte zu erhalten.
Not to be forward - but our accommodations are pretty dope. You'll be right on the beach (like listen to the waves crash on the shore close), HOT water showers, HIGH SPEED Internet and a full/double bed (depending where in the world you are from).
You will have access to our hostel kitchen on the other property which has an oven, fridge, sink and plenty of cutting space.
- We have maintained a connection with our farmer (he used to deliver to our restaurant before COVID) who delivers fruit and veg every Tuesday and Friday
- A baker through out the week for all fresh bread and sweet treat needs
- I make grocery store runs every Friday, so I can take a list or bring you with
- On Friday we can also make a stop to our coconut guy for all coconut needs (milk, oil, sweet coconut shreds, smoked coconut shreds, water) and Jane for FRESH, RAW cows milk
We run laundry service every Wednesday which will cost 1.000 colones per load (wash and dry), though sheets and towels are free.
If you would like to offer Spanish classes on your time off, you are more than welcome to do that. There are a lot of ex-pats in the area that would be happy to put a class together that is at an affordable price and fun.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
We have an office that we will be a work share space. It will have it's own designated internet access, air conditioning, and a small coffee bar as well as a printer down stairs in case you need anything printed.
We have a large space behind one of our buildings that can house your vehicle while you are here. The property is watched 24/7: In the day by our workers and at night with our security guard.
Preferable dog or cat. Nothing too outlandish or overly nocturnal. If you would like to be a part of the fostering program with our local animal clinic we are happy to organize you with that information.
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: