Bisher 447 mal gespeichert
We are a Finca of 700 hectares in Andalucia, between Sevilla and Malaga. It’s situated in the middle of a mountain between 600m and 1100 meters above sea level. We are surrounded by a tri-centenary oak tree forest, olive trees, vines and fruit trees, one medicinal garden and one biodynamic garden.
>WE ARE LOOKING FOR motivated volunteers who can stay 1-3 months minimum; since we are a group of 5-6 volunteers we give more opportunity to long-term people. And we offer a very wide range of activities.
Life in the Farm
PERMACULTURE & AGRICULTURE. We have a few projects on going in our fields and depending on season we need help for define tasks. Volunteers are invited to bring 5 different types of ecological seeds coming from ecological gardens, from other regions and other farms from around the world. This way we help share the biodiversity around the Earth.
STABLES. Our horses live in their natural environment in immense fields, and all their diet is organic. The first 3 years of their life our horses are being trained under Natural Horsemanship, then to being trained under Doma/Dressage. One of our objectives is to sell horses that are both trusting humans and technically highly performing. Our horses are therefore the main characters in our farm, as our guests can ask for dressage lessons or “rutas” into the wild.
ANIMALS IN OUR FARM There are also cows, goats, sheeps, chickens, geese and roosters.
TEAM. We are big team, great group of enthusiasts, open to new ideas and way of growing. Some of us live on the farm, some others in the small Pueblos Blancos of the region.
LENGUAGES & COMMUNICATION. We are all from different origins and countries, we therefore speak a mix of English and Spanish. Speaking both is a big plus for our organizational communication.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
We offer healthy food, The possibilities of our environment, comfortable accommodation as well as an interesting give-and-take in a group of like-minded people from different corners of the world occupying themselves with living a holistic and permaculture vision of how we should treat our planet in order to make it a better place for all of us.
We live in a really special place with lot of space to reconnect with nature and yourself.
Areas where we need help
(Availability depending on season, a task profile will be set depending on your skills and interview results, we give more opportunity to long-term people.)
Our farm is big, so be aware that you will be placed to share and gain knowledge on ONE of the following areas:
1. In Agricultural/Permaculture Area: we are looking for volunteers who want to learn about commercial farming and gain/share knowledge about production of plant fertilizers, water and erosion management, preparing firewood, taking care of nurseries and pruning diverse types of trees, cleaning the forest, realizing bioconstruction, taking part in the maintenance of the area. Depending the season, you may be planting trees, weeding, seeding, harvesting.
Volunteers working with our agricultural team may help with development of projects like edible perennial plant and tree nursery, microgreen and mushroom production, multi-strata agroforestry trial, a vegetable garden the olive trees and vineyards. There is also general maintenance and construction work carried out on the farm. The volunteer is required to speak Spanish at an intermediate level and be willing to learn. It is physically hard work but a good experience for people who want to gain knowledge about farming.
2. In the Community Area at the Kitchen and Garden: we looking for Workawayers who help in the kitchen to prepare and clean up breakfast and lunch that we provide for a few of our staff and other Workawayers, we look for someone that love to cook, creative and interested to learn about a sustainable kitchen and help to create meals based mainly from harvest of our gardens and milk, eggs and meats from our animals. Part of the task will be to take care of our small community garden, be a handy person that can assist in gardening projects: construction, maintenance for the housing area of volunteers and staff.
Depending the season, we will be required to help with weeding, seeding, planting, watering harvesting at our small garden at the Nido (that’s how we call the staff and Workawayers home).
3. In the Animal Area: A Workawayer who works with the animal team helping with their rotation throughout the farm, their food, etc. We have goats, sheep, chickens, horses, and cows. It a very physically task and suitable for people interested in learning the handling of animals in a commercial farm.
4. In the Horses Area: we need an EXPERIENCED HORSE PERSON who can stay 3 months minimum. We need someone who is able to work comfortably around our horses and is knowledgeable about horse care as your tasks will be to help with cleaning the stables paddocks, feeding and care, move horses between fields/stables, help to prepare horses for riders and clean them up after their rides are finished. There may be the opportunity to ride and exercise our horses depending on the level of your riding ability - for this we would prefer an EXPERIENCED RIDER who has a good level of Dressage. Also, it is requested to speak a minimum basic Spanish to work in this area, as majority of our team is Spanish.
5. In Guest Area/Language teacher: Volunteers who help in Farm Tours, Bike tours and Hikes with guests. Requirements for all the tours is that volunteers speak fluent English. Our terrain is very hilly, so mountain bike experience is a must! For Farm Tours you will need a driver’s license.
Big part of our team is Spanish, we are looking for a person that could help to improve their English by conversations and prepare/give lessons to our team. (For applicants interested on this area it will be required to actively help on one more area)
A minimum stay of one months on flexible tasks (3 months minimum on the stable area), being somewhat flexible with Workawayers who have specific experiences to share with us.
Experience working with horses
Basic Spanish as big part of the team is Spanish. So, a bit of knowledge is a plus!
A great passion for learning as well as a lot of energy in participating in a very special project.
Send an application and call by telephone or, preferably, Skype before being accepted into our volunteer program
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Dieser Gastgeber gibt an, dass er dir gern seine Muttersprache beibringt oder selbst eine Sprache lernen möchte.
Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn, um weitere Auskünfte zu erhalten.
HOUSING & COMMUNITY LIVING. Your housing is basic and simple: Three shared showers and two toilets, two dormitories that sleep two and four volunteers respectively. (1 Private room depending on availability)
Comfortable housing, kitchen and living room area are shared as well, lot of outdoors space terraces gardens to enjoy good weather days.
The food we offer is healthy and follows a vegetarian diet mainly and provided from our own gardens.
We enjoy and share permaculture principles, and we try to reduce to the maximum our use of un-ethical products.
In the village, however, there are restaurants offering remedy for carnivores. Also, few bars and pubs
We provide Wi-Fi connection to use in your off time
We provide bicycles as transport around the property and to village.
In the village there is a supermarket, post office, bank and ATM, pharmacy, tobacco shop, medical center, restaurants and café, etc.
You can use our washing machine for your laundry.
In our community all volunteers take part in our cleaning rotation and help to keep all shared areas clean and tidy.
We have 4 cats
We unfortunately don’t accept dogs and cats.
You will get to know Andalusias nature, boosting the greatest biodiversity in Europe and its rich culture, flamenco and fiestas, with the mediterranean swing and sea being as close as the stunning beaches of the Atlantic...
We have bicycles for you to use to go to the nearest village.
You will have two days off per week and you are totally free these days to go and explore beautiful Pueblos Blancos of Andalucia, there is a bus that goes to nearest big towns like Ronda, Sevilla and Malaga. The bus stop is outside the village We can drive you to catch the bus if you wish to go, there is a large bus station in Ronda where you can get buses to lots of different places to visit in Andalucia.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 25 hours / week