We are a jungle-beach lodge located on the beautiful and remote Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica. Come join our team and live and work in Paradise!
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Live and work in Costa Rica! Meet people from all over the world and make invaluable connections. Improve your Spanish, learn how to surf, discover new skills, gain experience working in the hospitality industry, and put it on your resume!
Dieser Host bietet Unterkunft und Bezahlung.
We are looking for an experienced receptionist and social media manager to join our team in the most beautiful place in Costa Rica! The ideal candidate is available to start July 7th who is a self-starter and a fast learner who has experience working in the hospitality industry or as a hotel receptionist and has a desire to live and work in Costa Rica for 3 to 6 months.
If you are adventurous, positive and fun-loving, have an overall good attitude, can work well in a team, want an opportunity to live and work in Costa Rica, and can commit for at least three months, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for someone who enjoys interacting with people and can engage in a positive way with our guests, who knows intermediate Spanish with a desire to improve, who has good customer service skills and can dissolve conflict graciously (knows how to handle the occasional unhappy guest, etc). A good sense of humor is a MUST as life can be hilarious when living and working in the jungle!
Additional skills that are bonuses are photography, marketing experience, WordPress, massage therapy, yoga, Spanish fluency
We want to be clear that this position does require 5 hours a day of office / receptionist work. Important skills include: Microsoft Excel and Word and an ability to email and communicate clearly and professionally.
We feel like this is a great opportunity as most work-trade positions do not offer a stipend or an opportunity to make money. The right applicant will have an opportunity to stay longer than 3 months if the situation is right.
*️️️️*️️️️*️️️️*️️️️*️️️️ We receive many applications so please read this thoroughly before applying:
Work Trade: Room, food, surfboards, stipend, tips
Reception Work Hours: 5 hours / day, 6 days / week (usually the shift is from 3 - 8 pm so you have your day free)
When: HIRING FOR July 7th START (or the first week of July)
Commitment: Minimum 3 months with one month trial period (6 months preferred)
What's expected of you:
- Experience with Social Media platforms: Facebook and Instagram
- Intermediate Spanish or higher
- Work 30 hours week as a receptionist (answering phones, greeting guests, checking emails, answering questions, booking tours, being proactive and helping out the local employees when needed...etc)
-Someone who is computer savvy, can do simple math, who is organized and self motivated.
- A team player who is passionate about guest services
- Live harmoniously with other members of the staff and management in shared common spaces
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and dress appropriately for the position
- Private bedroom in brand new employee housing with own bathroom and brand new mattress
- A $200/month stipend
- All food provided, either as ingredients you can cook yourself, or prepared meals through our hotel's kitchen
- Free use of our surfboard rentals
- Experience living in the most beautiful place in Costa Rica! Learn to surf and enjoy life at the beach
- Free time each day and one day off per week (can be combined up to 3 days off)
- PLEASE NOTE: your travel costs to and from Costa Rica / the Lodge are not covered. Upon successful completion of the work-trade we will purchase your domestic flight from Puerto Jimenez to San Jose
We get an influx of applicants. Your information will be passed on to our manager who will decide who they would like to interview. If you do not get a response please do not take it personally. If you have not heard back within a week, take other opportunities that come by. Thank you for understanding! You can always send out an email after a week to check in.
Please DO NOT apply unless you include everything below.
· A photo and resume
· 2-3 references and their emails
- Why you believe you are a good fit
-Confirm you have read, understood and agree to the terms listed above
We look forward to seeing your submission!
Own bedroom + bathroom in brand new staff quarters, brand new mattresses, access to a new staff kitchen
During your free time (several hours per day and one full day per week) you can hike to waterfalls, go swimming or to the beach, learn how to surf, or take tours with our guests (another occasional perk of the job) to explore Corcovado National Park and other local adventures tours, or take trips to other nearby areas of the Osa peninsula / Southern zone.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 hours / day, 6 days / week