Bisher 83 mal gespeichert
My name is Elizabeth, I'm living in Arusha Tanzania with my family. I opened a non governmental organisation in 2019 that strives to provide basic needs and education to the children who are lacking the opportunity due to poverty or family instability. The organization offers same opportunities to all children and considers them as equal - they all deserve to have a bright future. The NGO also helps to protect the women who are considered to be fruitless in their communities.
MEET THE TEAM.
1. ELIZABETH WHO IS THE DIRECTOR OF THE ORGANIZATION
2. BETINA WHO IS THE TEACHER OF THE SCHOOL
3. STELA WHO HELPS US ON COOKING AND CLEANLINESS
Provision Entrepreneurship Education to women, supporting them economically, protecting the rights of children through giving them better education and their needs, creating awareness to the community on how they can defend and protecting the rights of the children.
To establish a community where children and women achieves their rights, protection and equality.
1. SUPPORT CHILDREN’S TO ACCESS EDUCATION. We offer the same opportunity to all children and considering them as equals. This is done through provision of school materials and school fees at the same time supporting their families to have sustainable income.
2. WOMEN EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS. We help to protect the right of women who are considered to be fruitless in their communities. This is done through provision of education and seminars to women, so that they can do better and contribute a lot towards the development of the nation.
Most of the mothers of our kids are single mothers, and they struggle a lot to have enough, even to have food every day. With the help of our volunteers, we just recently started to make workshops for them so that they can learn more skills to earn some money to improve their lives. For this we need you workawayers! If you have skills like baking, decorating, cooking jams, sewing, creating hanging gardens, making natural cosmetics or anything that could be selled in the streets, you could help us a lot. We just need to see which materials are available in Tanzania, we could discuss before you arrive about your ideas for the case that some of the things we need are only avabile in your country. Now my actual workawayers are starting to teach them how to bake cakes. Our marketing idea is to make international cakes that we can provide something new. Maybe later we could make a service for partys, means we cook, bake and decorate. Another idea they love is to make natural cosmetics and they would like to learn how to sew clothes, make reusable pads
using cloth materials, we just would need to think about how to get the machines for it. Additional we are starting to teach English to the women, if you could continue that would be great.
Another ongoing project we are working on right now is sewing tote bags from african fabrics. We have a sewing machine and buy the fabrics at the market. We are in need of volunteers for this project, as we need you to sell the bags as a way of collecting money for our organisation. So it would be great if you volunteers could continue this project as it is an important part of our fundraising. Or like mentioned above, if you have other ideas on products we can make and sell.
3. NUTRITION IMPROVEMENT FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN. We address the problem of nutrition to the children through training of the parents on the balanced diet and capacitate them on producing and using nutritious foods. We also support children who are the critical stages recover from malnutrition.
4. SUPPORT TO CHILDREN LIVING WITH DISABILITY. We support children living with disabilities to enjoy life as they are the most group who misses the basic rights like access to education and socialize. We provide wheel chairs , walking clutches and other tools which enable them to do what they could not do without.
OUR MAIN OBJECTIVES
To create a conducive and supportive environment for most vulnerable children and marginalized women to access the basic rights like education for decent life.
1. To give opportunity to the children to build for themselves brighter future through education.
2. Empower women economically through providing them education and entrepreneurship skills.
3. Creating and updating awareness to the community on how they can protect the rights of women and children
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Volunteers will have time to learn Swahili language which is the national language in Tanzania. Apart from that volunteer will have chance to learn how to prepare local food and to visit different local place in Arusha like Maasai market, go on safaris etc.
1. TEACHING THE CHILDREN AND WOMEN
3. ORGANIZING EVENTS
4. BRINGING MATERIAL TO THE CHILDREN LIKE BOOKS, PEN, PENCILS AND NOTEBOOKS, CLOTHES, SHOE'S, TOY'S AND PUZZLE
5. DOING OFFICE WORKS.
Swahili (Kiswahili): Fließend
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
French, Germany, Chinese and Spanish
When volunteers visit our organization will stay together with the local family. We provide accommodation to the volunteers which is shared rooms, the rooms are full of electricity, water and security.
Apart from that volunteers will have breakfast,lunch and dinner. A 3$/day participation will be ask to pay the food.
The three meals provided are local food which includes, Ugali, Rice, vegetables, salads, bean's, mashed potatoes, chapati,maandazi, and mihogo.
Breakfast will be around 9 to 10 am , Lunch will be around 1 to 2 pm and Dinner will be provided around 8 to 9.
in Arusha we women are wearing clothes which cover shoulders and knees. So that you know which clothes you should bring. This is our tradition. You can also buy an african fabric called kitenge, and make a nice african outfit while you're still with us.
Only on Zansibar people are wearing also short clothes.
During free time volunteers will have time to do the following.
1. Visiting different attractions like waterfalls, cultural places and national parks.
2. Having time to visit different places in Arusha town
3. Visiting different community in Arusha Tanzanaia
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Warum lässt workaway.info Einträge von Gastgebern zu, die einen finanziellen Beitrag verlangen?
In Entwicklungsländern (wo die meisten Gastgeber gemeinnützige Arbeit oder Gemeinschaftsentwicklungsarbeit anbieten) verlangen einige unser Gastgeber einen kleinen Beitrag, um die Gastfamilie oder NGO zu unterstützen (meist handelt es sich um weniger als 5 USD pro Tag). Workaway lässt diese Art von Einträgen dann zu, wenn die Spende direkt an die Familie oder die NGO geht und nur dazu dient, die Kosten des Aufenthalts des Volunteers abzudecken. (Dies wird im Eintrag des Gastgebers deutlich angegeben).
Wir lassen keinerlei Inserate von Agenturen, „Vermittlern“ oder Projekten zu, bei denen wir das Gefühl haben, dass sie Profit aus dem Aufenthalt von Volunteeren schlagen wollen.
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: