We are a group of friends who bought an old factory in Henningsvær, Lofoten, some years ago, and are working on transforming it to a cultural house. Through many hours of work together with many friends and helpers, we opened up the doors to the first floor with restaurant, bar, and café last summer.
We had much fun, with music-festivals, art festivals, and many other things like yoga and climbing.
We invite you to be part of the gang through the winter months for construction tasks.
We will be a nice tight community working together in the factory, preparing and eating food together and having fun! Lofoten is a very popular place for people with strong interests. Many artists (with Lofoten Art and Filmmaking school in the nearest town), active people (best spot for climbing, super surfspot close by, kayaking, and so on), environmentally conscious people, and people who just want to live a good life in beautiful surroundings away from the everyday hustle in the big cities.
From our experience from earlier, all of us working on the project have become really good friends! We will provide local ingredients for dinner (most of the cod/baccalao in the world is caught in the ocean just outside the factory, with the main harbour our closest neighbour), introduce you to what we think of as the most beautiful nature in the world, and let you be a part of the coolest cultural house on the best spot ;)
There are many things happening in this small village, with concerts, handcrafts shops, bar, restaurant and so on.
Together we will renovate the old factory rooms from 1948 for new use, but with the original style kept.
Because of the important summer season we will have to finish the indoor help by the end of May/beginning of June.
- Help clean out the old carpentry factory with the old machines and materials.
- use Hilti-machines to strip of old concrete/plaster from the walls.
- Start core drilling holes for drain pipes.
- Help out builders by bringing/cutting materials and help out with building tasks that you can manage.
- WE ALSO NEED PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CONCRETE TO HELP OUR BUILDERS RENOVATE FACADE! Dig away old loose concrete, clean metal and put new concrete.
None of this work is technically very difficult, but it is heavy, and you should like to work hard".
- Assist builder by cutting materials, put isolation, and fix more advanced stuff like ventilation and cables, if you are up for that.
- Small concrete projects.
- We finish off the project. Maybe we do small jobs like building pizza oven, and things like that.
From May and forward we need help to prepare the flats for new guests!
norwegian, english, (we have also people speaking german and polish)
Old factory with simple facilities. Dorm with 6 single beeds. Toilet and shower is outside the room. We are planning having the main meals together in the restaurant area.
We have a lot to do, and if you want to work extra hours in the finishing process we can compansate by borrowing out tent and other equipment if you want to enjoy the Lofoten nature when we are done and summer is upon Lofoten.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: