Bisher 819 mal gespeichert
This is a family run organization based in Puerto Viejo that is dedicated to environmentalism. We are located in the jungle just a kilometer away from the beach (10 minute walk or 5 minute bike ride). We are involved in a wide range of projects that include a campaign for a plastic free Caribbean, protecting turtles, and environmental education for local children. Another big part of what we do is provide accommodation and coordinate educational learning experiences for young adults from Europe. We also operate a Spanish school in downtown Puerto Viejo and a conservation project on the Osa Peninsula. We welcome people from all backgrounds to be a part of our multicultural community. We are looking for experienced support (from 25 yrs) for both our locations with creative, interesting and professional skilled people.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
You’ll have ample opportunities to practice Spanish. For those staying longer, you can take Spanish classes at our school when there is space. We have weekly yoga and Latin dance classes here on the property. Through your involvement in our plastic free campaign and our environmental kids club you will meet local businesses and residents. There are also opportunities to get involved with protecting turtles during their nesting season. There is lots to explore in the surrounding area as well. Puerto Viejo offers surfing, wildlife, music, local markets, and plenty of great restaurants.
As a fairly young family-run organization, we have many projects that we’re working on. We look for workawayers with unique skill sets who are interested in being part of the solution. We like to help you identify your goals and purpose for your time with us and pair you with projects that fit your skills and interests. There are a few chores that our workaway volunteers are responsible for such as emptying the compost in the evening and helping with a meal once a week; we leave it to the volunteers to decide how they want to divide those responsibilities. We allow a lot of flexibility in schedules and are happy to accommodate if you want to take any trips in the area during your time with us. Intermediate Spanish is a big plus and necessary requirement for some of the projects. If this sounds like it might be a good fit for you please write us and let us know what areas you’d interested in providing support.
Some of the current projects and needs we have:
-Help developing and updating our online content and building online visibility. Also, we are looking for help with our social media!
-Support with our Environmental Kids Club. Plan and organize activities for local children with an environmental focus. We play games and make crafts with recycled materials with the aim of teaching the local kids about the importance of taking care of the earth.
-Lend a hand in our overgrown garden. We want to grow more of the food that we consume here at the volunteer house.
-Working with local businesses to join our campaign for a plastic free Caribbean.
-Upgrading our facilities including building a deck for our pool.
- We are partnering with schools and universities from US, Australia and California that bring groups of students to Costa Rica for conservation and community projects. We need help establishing more contacts, outreach and expanding this program.
-Help with funding. Many of our projects do not generate any revenue and we would like help looking for grants and creative ways to raise money.
-Facilitating activities and teaching classes for our residents.
-Artists to help paint murals and mandalas.
We are prioritizing professionals in the following areas who would like to support our team for at least 6 weeks, preferably more, it will depend on the position.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️ International fundraising and NGO support:
· Previous experience working in an NGO
· Good skills and experience in communication with donors and fundraising
· Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages are welcome.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Environmental Education assistant:
· Experienced in education with focus on environmental topics and creative workshops with art, music, recycled materials, languages, etc.
· Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages are welcome, specially German.
*️️️️️️️️️ Experienced Biologist:
· This person would lead a project we are very excited about so we would need a long term commitment, at least a turtle nesting season (from June to December-January), as you can guess, the project is with turtles :) The location will be in the Osa Peninsula, near Corcovado park, one of the regions with more biodiversity in the world. We require the following skills:
· Biologist with experience in field research and willing to spend time in remote areas and deep in the nature.
· Good leading and interpersonal skills since he/she will be working and leading groups of international volunteers.
· Fluent English and Spanish level are a must.
· Given the very professional profile we are looking for, after a few months trial and if the funding is flowing, we are willing to offer a competent salary.
IMPORTANT: We strongly advise the volunteers to come with a travel health insurance and we will prioritize those that come with one.
Spanish, English, German
You’ll share a room with a bathroom with other workaway volunteers. Breakfast and dinner are included in your stay and we can provide vegan or vegetarian meals upon request. We are located in the jungle just inland from Playa Cocles, a short way from Puerto Viejo. We have a social, yet quiet atmosphere. Our facilities include a large open air dining area, a small swimming pool, and a rancho for yoga or naps in a hammock. There are generally 20 – 30 people staying with us at a time which includes our family of 5, several workaway volunteers, up to 30 international young adults (plus our dogs and cat).
Federico is from Colombia and grew up living the city life before moving into nature and spending his young adulthood living with several indigenous tribes. Beate is from Germany and has traveled all over the world. Their shared passion for the environment led them both to Costa Rica and they met working on a turtle project. Both their organization and their family reflects the rich blend of European and South American cultures. Their three children were all born and raised in Costa Rica and are trilingual.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
5 hours, 5 days a week, 2-3 months