This is a non-profit organisation based near by Madurai in a beautiful Ecopark. Our main activities are microcredit for the women, Spirulina-based nutrition program and a capacity building center for children and women.
We are a little community here, the team is amazing and the atmosphere is ideal to work and learn about South India culture. We are on our way to build a little corner of paradise here, with a meditation center, a green park of fruit trees and medicinal plants, an organic garden, a green fitness trail, a plastic recycling unit, and a waste-free campus.
All these projects have started already, but need motivated hands and minds to contribute!
My name is Aurélie (French, English and Spanish speaking) and I have been working in different positions since last year. You can learn a lot here and there is soo much to do! So just contact me and according to your profile and availability I'll make you a proposal ;)
Here we have a place for you to stay with a little terrace among trees. The appartement has basic cooking material, though we have a separate cantine in the Ecopark that makes excellent vegetarian food, tea and all you need at local rate.
We are a dynamic team, looking for dynamic people to help us grow this place to be greener, cleaner, healthier and be a holistic center for the women and children to learn and grow.
Looking forward to hearing from you, travelers!
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
Here the air is fresh and healthy, you would have access to all the facilities of the Ecopark (meditation center, green fitness train, all the park, yoga space, local cantine, wifi) and would be an integrated part of our team. In the morning you can work form 9 to 13h and then we have lunch all together at the cantine. In the afternoon you are free and if interested you can learn from all the other programs.
Though this place is ideal to live and stay, if you want to know around I am happy to go with you or you could also join the field staff to visit the villages. We are more than 18 people working here, local staff only 1 person from Switzerland, all happy to share our work and see people contributing to these projects.
We have different projects here so a combination of different activities is possible:
(1) We are getting started with building a plastic recycling unit which is challenging because we need to contact engaged people around us, see with local engineer for the machine manufacture and design the outputs. Also, we need to organize a crowdfunding and would appreciate some help on that. So someone motivated to collaborate for that, it would be great! Part-time on the computer organizing the project (you would have a desk and if you don't have a computer we can find one for you here) and part time building the workspace in the Ecopark.
(2) We are planting trees and starting a kitchen garden with organic compost. So we would need people who have some knowledge of agriculture.
(3) We have a tuition center for children in the evening. English class could be very useful, though other art activities are also part of the program.
(4) As a training center, we need a photographer and video maker to help us develop our didactic material.
(5) We are trying to improve our communication channel, so a person with community management knowledge and/or website building capacity is very welcome!
(5) Fundraising for our microcredit activity: to search for grant available in the different agency and work on the application with the microcredit coordinator.
English, French, Spanish, Tamil
It is a small appartement with Indian toilet and basic shower, with 2-beds. It is on the second floor of a building with a little terrace among the trees. It is cool even with a hot climat. Basic but very confortable!
We have lunch all together and you will also get tee during the morning break. The food is vegetarian, southern Indian so you may expect it to be spicy! But excellent and healthy. Lunch and tee is included, then any additional food is available in the cantine for local price (a full-meal for 0.90$).
You will also have basic cooking material in your place if you want to make your own food.
Almost every evening we go to Madurai center so you may join. Otherwise, Kadachanendhal bus stop is at 10 min walk away. In the afternoon, you can join other program, or be free to travel around as Madurai is very central in Tamil Nadu.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: