NOTE: Due to coronavirus pandemic, we are not hosting general working visitors. But, it would be great to have a strong person during the winter with experience using chainsaw and streamer (brush cutter).
Welcome to our Buddhist Retreat Centre and Temple.
We are located on a high point of the beautiful Island of Menorca geographically positioned in the west of the mediterranean sea.
Set in the hills and a forested area of Sa Roca, surrounded by just a few quiet traditional Menorcan houses, we are 7,5 km away from the nearest towns of Alaior and 14,4 km from Es Mercadal.
The centre is purposefully built for meditation retreats. It is very tranquil and permeates a sense of stillness and deep inner peace. We regularly host many retreats throughout each year, most of them includes some time in silence. We also have solitary silence retreaters who may stay here for a week up to over a year. We are a small and quiet community.
We often have few places available for volunteers and we welcome any individual who wishes to make a connection with Buddhism or who merely wishes to come and experience life in a modern Buddhist Centre.
Opportunities vary with a range of tasks such as:
- Digital marketing, community management (only for Spanish speakers and essential to bring your own laptop).
- Website developers (essential to bring your own laptop).
- Video makers (preferably Spanish speakers and essential to bring your own laptop).
- Graphic designer with experience in Photoshop (essential to bring your own laptop).
- Qualify maintenance (carpenter, builder, etc.).
- General maintenance and garden.
The Education Programme:
Volunteering at the centre gives you the opportunity to personally experience and understand Buddhist teachings by attending some of the classes of the education programme. We hold in the temple a class in English every Thursday.
You are welcome to attend some of the meditations and retreat sessions throughout your stay. Provided it is in harmony and does not infringe upon your working hours at the Centre.
If you are interested in this project, please, contact us and we will let you know as soon as possible if we have free places for dates you would like to come.
For volunteer visitors we offer one week trial with the possibility to extend their stay if the conditions are correct for a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Transport from/to the Retreat Centre is by taxi, bike or walking. Working visitors can move around the island to visit it by bike or, some of them, have rented a car or a scooter.
- Health insurance is a must. We will ask to see a driver’s license or other ID upon arrival and require emergency contact information as part of the application process.
- No smoking, no drugs, no meat, no alcohol, no music (earphones only) are allowed on the premises.
- Times of arrival: at the latest 7 pm. If your flight arrives later than that, we deeply appreciate you book a hostel in Mahon and make your way to the centre next day. Thank you.
What to bring?
- Please, bring towels,
- Copy of your identification card or passport,
- Copy of your travel insurance or the European Health Insurance Card.
We look forward to hearing from you.
All are welcome!
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Make a connection with Modern Buddhist teachings; Mindfulness and meaningful practices.
The opportunity to join some of the meditation classes, and retreat sessions in the Temple -if we have one while you are here.
Have the opportunity to practice and improve both English and Spanish (sometimes other languages!).
Enjoy and experience the beautiful calm and silence surroundings of this UNESCO protected biosphere and its amazing natural environment.
Discover more about yourself.
Get to know new people, different stories.
We often need volunteers to help in various aspects of the centre. Areas included are the Temple, retreat accommodation, cleaning, preparing rooms for retreats, etc. Maintenance and carpentry,
Accommodation is in shared dormitory rooms. In summer, we offer marquees dormitory spaces, or you can bring your own tent and sleeping bag.
Breakfast, lunch and supper is included.
Menorca is a most beautiful island, it is surrounded by beaches and bays. There are the ancient sites of the Talyotic Period.
Mahon and Ciutadella are the two main towns on the island both regularly holding local markets and fiestas.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
5 hours per day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: