We are a small local social enterprise. We are located just 40 minutes west of Luang Prabang, Laos by boat ride. Our business focuses on sustainable agro-ecotourism and providing hands-on agro-ecological education to rural communities to empower their lives.
the Farm is a thoughtful design of wild garden with so many varieties of edible plants including local edible wild species. The owner, Om, is very passionate to have a collection of edible plants and creating a sustainable food ecosystem. The farm is isolated and it has its own atmosphere of Lao rural farm lifestyle. It is sandwiched between the lush green jungle and the mighty Mekong River.
The farm is in the developing process to create a sustainable ecological farming system. Therefor, we are looking for volunteers with specific tasks and enthusiasm to help us further develop our vision. More specifically, we are in need of volunteers with the following skills or interests:
1. Creating terrace farming fields on sloping hillsides, using natural techniques. For this project, volunteers are should be aware that it will be physical work. Please bring your hat and shoes and be prepared to sweat.
2. We need volunteers to help create ponds. We will be integrating our water buffalo mud-bath techniques to turn and compact the soil for making it waterproof. This project will get dirty and muddy so please bring your old working cloths.
3. Fauna and Flora Identification. This project, we are only looking for specific background such as: a biologist, ecologist, horticulturist or taxonomist who can help us to collect scientific information and numbers of animals and plants biodiversity in our farm. For the applicants who meet our criteria for this project will be the first priority to accept.
4. Marketing or Graphic design for the farm, especially mapping and brochure, you have to have your own computer for this work. Note - we do not have internet or wifi at the farm nor do we get very good data reception, but we do have a recharging station for your battery. If internet is absolutely necessary for this type of work, we can take you to the local village across the river for a mobile hot-spot signal.
If you are willing to help with one of these tasks, please choose only one option of the ongoing project above on your volunteer application when you apply for the position.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Volunteers will get to experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to work very closely with Lao local people in our project site along the mighty Mekong river and the project that aims to conserve rich edible biodiversity of Laos.
Our project gives people new skills necessary to perform agro-ecology in a way that will also benefit their livelihoods. The project site is quite isolated and has an "island" type feel to it because the only neighbors around are a 5 minute boat ride across the Mekong River.
We are looking for somebody to assist with:
1. Creating natural terrace farming fields
2. Earthwork! creating natural ponds
3. Fauna and Flora Identification
4. Marketing or Graphic design for the farm especially mapping and explanation signs
Lao, English, Thai
You will stay at one of the rooms with our traditional wooden Lao house and share with other people in the house. We will provide bedding and a mosquito net for you. (Note - you might want to bring mosquito repellent with you)
We also provide food 3 meals per day at the farm and we encourage you to help us to prepare and cleaning up.
We are located about 30 minutes by boat ride away from the famous and very beautiful Kuang Si waterfall. In your free time you may visit these tourist destinations, or just relax by the Mekong and enjoy a simple Lao lifestyle on our property. You can also explore the authentic Lao rural village across the Mekong river from us.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Warum lässt workaway.info Inserate von Gastgebern zu, die einen finanziellen Beitrag verlangen?
In Entwicklungsländern (wo die meisten Gastgeber gemeinnützige Arbeit oder Gemeinschaftsentwicklungsarbeit anbieten) verlangen einige unser Gastgeber einen kleinen Beitrag, um die Gastfamilie oder NGO zu unterstützen (meist handelt es sich um weniger als 5 USD pro Tag). Workaway lässt diese Art von Inseraten dann zu, wenn die Spende direkt an die Familie oder die NGO geht und nur dazu dient, die Kosten des Aufenthalts des Volunteers abzudecken. (Dies wird im Inserat des Gastgebers deutlich angegeben).
Wir lassen keinerlei Inserate von Agenturen, „Vermittlern“ oder Projekten zu, bei denen wir das Gefühl haben, dass sie Profit aus dem Aufenthalt von Volunteeren schlagen wollen.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: