For workawayer,please read everything clearly, all conditions and requirements are written here clearly in general.
hope our relationship would happen not only as a workawayer and a host but we could be a best friend.
My name tanaka, i live in Yogyakarta, previously in 2011, i started doing a couchsurfing till present time, i love making friends, share knowledge, socialise, cooking , music and what i play depends with the time,weather and the mood, i play Bach for gardening, i play Mozart for breakfast, i play blues for city driving and AC/DC or red hot chili pepper on the highway.
I'm a morning person, i wake up around 06.00 cause i have to take a good care of my plants, also i have a minor OCD syndrome and i do concern about being clean amd organised . I always start my morning activity with gardening and coffee, i’m a foodie as well, any cuisine (western, chinese, japanese, mexican, spanish, italian, french,....i just love them all, for me basically every cuisine has it's own specialty for me), and it's hard to separate between food and music. I also work as a tour guide and an audio installer (for car or home audio/theater).
well, that's a short introduction about me,and you will see me around that activity if we have a chance to be together, don’t hesitate to mail me to get more information about me before we meet, I’m very open and straight forward person and i believe it would be better if we get to know each other character, so both of us have a time to think about it more and minimize any problem in the future before you decided to be a volunteer in my hostel or i accepted you in my hostel.
Btw,i just opened a new hostel, not too far from the monumental/historical places,train station and market, but also can be very quiet at night, located in the middle of the city, few months ago, with 16 beds occupancy and a public kitchen on the rooftop surrounded by organic plants (some plants are basic ingredient for cooking) and the motto of this hostel is,"make friends, relax and sleep well",in this hostel i'm doing the best i could to make the guest feels like home,
The hostel itself specifically located in the middle of traditional market (one of the biggest in the city from 18th century). The market starts from 03.00 - 08.30 (on the street side) and till 15.00 (in the main building), this market provides everyday needs for the citizen, all fresh, colorful vegetables & fruits are easy to find and directly distribute from the village, it would be easy for any traveller/workawayer with/without special diet requirements who stay in this hostel to find something to cook for themselves, especially for any traveller/workawayer who doesn’t get use with the local food, the benefits we could get from this market is also the main reason i provided a public kitchen in my hostel.
In the past, i was a backpacker before i decided to open a hostel, hopping from hostel to hostel, till i found a hostel with a kitchen which is very convenience, it can also safe my trip expense, then i came up with and idea that it would be wonderful if i have a hostel and provide a kitchen located on the rooftop, with an open air and surrounded by eatable/cookable organic herbs, since my location is also in the middle of the market, it would also be a nice place for gathering/socialize or to make friends between guests, it can make people more social, because,"food unites people & music creates the atmosphere.
in the past, i made a lot of friends during my trip and most of the time, during meal in the hostel’s kitchen, where people talk, smile, share and laugh more because of the atmosphere,some of my guests described it as a,”soul”.
Ok,i get to excited when i’m talking about friendship, so before my introduction became a novel, let’s get back to business,, since my hostel located in central,this place is suitable for any traveler/workawayer who would like to experience,”off path”,travelling, out of,"tourist path”,and would like to go deep into,”the local life”, this place can show you how the local starts their activity, but if you plan to have a long sleep, it’s not a good choice especially if you’re a workawayer whose willing to give your time for volunteering because the local starts the activity at 08.00, wouldn’t it be a waste when you’re travelling with a purpose to explore the culture then you waste your time to sleep? Wouldn’t it be better to sleep at home or having a holiday on a remote island if your main point is only for panoramic view?
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️Now for a workawayer,here some conditions on how i can accept you in my hostel,as long as:
1. Workawayer can fulfill the requirement.
2. Workawayer can follow the house rule.
3. being clean is not enough,preferably very clean and desirably extremely clean.
4. no special dietary requirements,flexible with food preferred
( + ) flexitarian or vegetarian
5. i can provide a bed
6. A help needed.
it would be a pleasure for me to accept a workawayer and many thanks for any workawayer who choose my hostel/showed any interest with my hostel and treat my hostel like own home.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️Thank you for your time spent to read my introduction,hope we have a chance to meet and get to know each other.
wishing you to always have a wonderful moment and happy travelling.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
- I can provide a bed without meal, for the meal you have to prepare yourself if i don’t cook, especially workawayer with a special diet requirements
- I can teach you how to cook a local food or any fusion style cooking, but i can also cook for you if i have time, i can make mocktails, herbal mocktails, i can cook chinese, indonesian, italian and spanish or combine them all, i can do a steam cooking technique and i can bake as well (whole wheat bread, oat bread, oregano bread, cinnamon bread)
- I can share many information about my city and culture, i was born and raised from a multi culture and my family still live with a tradition
- I can show the city around whenever i'm free.
- I would be very happy to walk with you to the market and explain things you need to know in the market.
Helping out with Housekeeping & around the housecleaning is needed:
-My hostel is 3 floors ( +/-160m2 for each floor)
- 4 guest rooms (@ 16m2 of each room) with 2 bunk bed in each room, total can accommodate 16 guests
- 4 shower rooms/toilets
and the help here is to maintain the hostel to stay clean by doing sweeping and moping the floor, clean the toilets, all around the house cleaning job.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ *️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ *️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ *️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ *️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Special rules for workawayer, please remember, that you’re not a customer but a volunteer and as a volunteer i consider that you’re also the owner of the hostel, so:
- You have to be cleaner than the guest.
- Help to keep my hostel clean/tidy.
- Please,”place everything back to the same place where it was before,when you’re done,”immediately”, i suffer with my OCD, i socialise to make it better and i wish you help me to get cured not to make it worst.
- Wash everything immediately after use for example,like: glass, plate, kitchenware and clean up the kitchen & table immediately after use, hope you understand that the kitchen surrounded with plants and located outdoor, that's the only way to prevent ant or any insect from nesting. I can’t tolerate to receive any complain from any customer about ant /insect.
- Treat my hostel like your own home and respect neighborhood,don’t play any musical instrument too loud and lower the voice after 22.00 as well since it will disturb other guest/neighbour.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️and this is very important:
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ No footwear inside room/bathroom
BUT you can’t walk all over the house WITHOUT footwear,though the house is clean,”if you have unseen dust on your feet,you will make the bed sheet, dirty.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ And don’t ever put a backpack on the bed.
Backpack is always lay on the ground everywhere meanwhile you’re sleeping on your bed and you might never know what your backpack carried from the ground.
If you consider that you can follow the rule, very clean, organise, punctual & have no food alergy, you already fullfill a lot of requirements, then i could accept you as long as i can provide the bed and help needed.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ i can tolerate if customer break all of this rule but not for volunteer.
Thank you for your time to read this far, i do appreciate it.
- The workawayers will be staying in one of my shared mix dorm room with aircond.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ I could provides/cook any meal if i have time or I don’t have to reduce any expenses because sometimes business doesn’t work so well, this is a new hostel.
- Please inform me earlier if a workawayer would like me to cook, I serve only freshly cook meal and i prefer we eat at the same time, meal time is the best time for us to get to know each other and to save cleaning up time.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️most of the food i serve veggies and eggs,I don’t eat meat that much.
here's what you can find around my hostel:
169 m sakapataat bar and restaurant
450 m Yogyakarta Landmark
0.7 km Tugu Train Station
1.2 km Tugu Monument
1.2 km Malioboro Street
1.3 km Malioboro Mall
1.6 km Gajah Mada University
1.9 km Fort Vredeburg
2 km Yogyakarta Presidential Palace
2.1 km Sultan's Palace
2.1 km Scientific Park
2.1 km Museum Sono budoyo
food are also easy to find around this area and more authentic since this the area for the citizen and citizen knows better about how the local food has to be :)
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 3 hours a day, 4 days a week (meals not included)