In the bread basket of Sichuan located on the west end of the Sichuan basin.
There is a small village surrounded by trees and rivers.
All throughout the area are cottages nestled amongst bamboo groves.
Rice is nourished by fish manure while the water moves in and out of the field through the irrigated ditches.
All of these elements compose a poetic and peaceful landscape, typical of the Western Sichuan plain.
This is where we are located, less than 1 hour drive from Chengdu (about 40 km)!
Work with the local skilled craftsman and learn how the tenon and mortise structure works; If you are interested or major in architectural design, forestry, landscape or permaculture, you are warmly welcomed!
We have a small but exquisite green house for life lab projects and aquaponics system, a carpentry workshop for both kids and adults, some lovely wood houses and cabins surrounded by ponds and gardens, a big library full of all kinds of books, a team compose of energetic young people with talents and passions.
There is a permaculture farm whose owner was a colonel in the Chinese military until 2013, when he was honorably discharged from the army and got the chance to start a brand new life. He read an article "Farming Laboratories in Cities" by accident, which introduced an American popularizing the aquaponics system in China, thus changing the Chinese diet to one healthier for the planet and therefore humans. It inspired him to start his own business to fulfill his dream of implementing permaculture on a local farm.
When he realized how important education was, he started the nature education school. It attracts many young people who share the same vision and want to practice in permaculture and nature education. Many international volunteers have come here to help and experience local life.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
- Meet the youngs with talents and passions, share different ideas.
- Amazingly beautiful and comfortable enviroment for both working and living.
- Learn practical skills in farming, carpentry, gardening etc.
- Occasional feasts, to share Chinese cuisines and western cuisines and have fun.
- A library with more than 5000 books.
- Visit the old market or the ancient town nearby, experience local culture.
- Cultural exchange with volunteers from all over the world.
Chores volunteers can participate in include: farming(life lab), aquaponics, composting, gardening, carpentry, design, painting or artistic creation, weekend programs for kids and families, language exchange, taking care of books etc. We welcome volunteers with practical skills or talents in any field, or those who are interested in all these works mentioned above, experiencing traditional Chinese culture and making friends with our young staffs.
Besides, we have a bakery for you to show your talents in cooking. You can make some western food for us, we will show you how to cook traditional Sichuan food instead, which is famously known as spicy and yummy!
Clean beds in capsule hostels / farm hostels
3 meals provided
Hot water for bath
You can take a walk or ride a bike around the queit and beautiful village after work.
There is an ancient town called Anren, 10km away. It's easy to take a taxi or just ride a bike there. You can visit the Jianchuan Musium there, walk along the street to taste some snacks, or sit down and relax in a cafe.
If you stay longer, we'll take you to the west of Sichuan for hiking and camping, hopefully you will see the amazing senery.
How to get here:
1) Take the metro to Cha Dian Zi Ke Yun station (茶店子客运站, line 2) and go out from Exit D, the bus station is right there. Tickets to Anren Longxing (安仁隆兴) and get off at Longxing. Take a tricycle (usually they charge you 10 RMB) or call us, we'll go and catch you.
2) Take the metro to Wangsheng station (万盛地铁站, line 4) and go out from Exit D, take a taxi to get here.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
4-5 hours per day (max 25 hours a week)
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: