Bisher 759 mal gespeichert
Welcome and bienvenidos to our workaway profile describing a place with quite a bit of history.
Btw, this is NOT A HOSTEL, tho it looks like one.
Currently LUCAS (from Mexico) is running the Agave, with ULLA (from Germany) managing the workawayer page and communications for the time being.
Here is a bit of our history:
Once upon a time there were 2 German women in their 50s, Annette and Ulla, who loved living in a small fishing village 20 miles/30 km north of Puerto Vallarta on the Bay of Banderas in the state of Nayarit.
They discovered together, that they also loved managing a number of guestrooms in a small hotel with heaps of creativity, lots of ingenuity, and a penchant for creative solutions to everyday problems.
First Annette left to go back to Germany, and Ulla with the help of a great handyman and friend, LUCAS, kept managing the place for a couple years, turning it into a number of small apartments rather than guest rooms.
Then Ulla felt called to explore new vistas, ventures, and adventures, which makes LUCAS the new person in charge.
We offer you a guestroom, a Shared Kitchen, and lots of spaces to hang out plus regular workaway hours.
Oh, and our pool sometimes works and sometimes doesn't...
The population of La Cruz is a mix featuring
- a Mexican village,
- plus a snow bird population of mostly US and Canadian retirees during the winter months,
- plus year round or part time sailors anchored in the La Cruz Marina close to the apartments.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Travelers have the opportunity to live and volunteer in a complex environment:
- there are Americans and Canadians living on the property in the middle of a Mexican fishing village;
- those of us living on and/or visiting the property range in ages from 2 till 75, tho most of us are in our 60s; and
- we constantly switch back and forth between 2 languages (English, and Spanish) with various skill levels and improvisational abilities.
As this is a large property, there is a lot of room for creative expressions of many kinds...
Welcome to life in the midst of a Mexican fishing village with lots of visitors all close to the ocean.
-------- AUG 2021 TILL ??? ------------
We are asking all of our workawayers to stay a minimum of 4 WEEKS.
We are looking for COUPLES ONLY (or two friends traveling together who are ok with sharing a bed and a room) with the willingness, skills and/or experiences to be available for the following tasks:
1) WEEKLY CLEANINGS of the big public spaces of the property
2) HANDYPERSONS help:
. Painting roofs, walls, balustrades, surfaces inside and outside, both with acrylic and oil based paints
. Repairing cracks in concrete structures
3) WATERING our +/-180 potted plants
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
You will be staying in one of our rooms with either a shared or a private bathroom depending on availability.
In addition, we offer:
- a fully equipped Main Kitchen occasionally shared with some of our guests/renters
- filtered drinking water in both your room and the kitchen
- a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach (which is not a surfing beach)
- 3 - 5 minute walk to 2 grocery stores, a butcher, a taqueria, affordable local restaurants, and live music bars
- inexpensive local buses, that more or less take you wherever you want to go in the Bahia de Banderas, and
- on our site host Lucas.
We do NOT OFFER FOOD as part of the exchange as we have a Shared Kitchen, and food in Mexico is inexpensive, both in Mexican restaurants and if you prepare your own food.
We are a drug and alcohol free house. Yet there are a lot of options to party in the neighborhood.
What to do locally:
The Bay of Banderas offers surfing, boogie boarding, wind surfing, surf kiting, fishing, turtle egg laying watch, hiking, local markets, artisans, Huichol Indian crafts, sailing and whale watching (November till April) thru contacts in the La Cruz Marina.
In addition the Bay of Banderas offers a network of very affordable local buses, that run every 10 - 15 min, both
* south into Puerto Vallarta and its attractions as a major city with a population of 200,000 people, and
* north into Sayulita (about 1 hour each way) and San Pancho (about 90 min each way), which are 2 Mexican tourist destination villages on the Pacific ocean.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
12-15 hours a week (meals are not included)
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: