We are 2 German women in our 50s and 60s, who love living in this small fishing village 20 miles/30 km north of Puerto Vallarta on the Bay of Banderas in the state of Nayarit.
We manage 7 apartments with long term renters, plus 1 guestroom for the workawayers, and offer a Shared Kitchen and lots of spaces to hang out.
The population of La Cruz is a mix featuring
- a Mexican village,
- plus a snow bird population of mostly US and Canadian retirees during the winter months,
- plus year round or part time sailors anchored in the La Cruz Marina close to the apartments.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
Travelers have the opportunity to live and volunteer in a complex environment:
- there are Americans, Canadians, and Germans living on the property in the middle of a Mexican fishing village;
- those of us living on and/or visiting the property range in ages from 2 till 75, tho most of us are in our 60s; and
- we constantly switch back and forth between 3 languages (English, Spanish, and German) with various skill levels and improvisational abilities.
Welcome to life in the midst of a Mexican fishing village with lots of visitors close to the ocean.
--------NO WORKAWAYERS FOR THE NEXT 5-6 MONTHS -------------
We are asking all of our workawayers to stay a minimum of 4 WEEKS.
We are looking for ONLY COUPLES (or two friends traveling together who are ok with sharing a bed) with the following skills and/or experiences:
1) HANDYPERSONS help:
Painting walls, balustrades, surfaces inside and outside, both with acrylic and oil based paints
Woodworking small shelves
Organizing our workshop
Repairing cracks in concrete structures
2) WEEKLY CLEANINGS OF THE WHOLE PROPERTY
3) WATERING our +/-200 potted plants.
4) CREATIVE ARTISTS motivated to paint one or several murals of frigate birds, or anything else creative you would like to do.
These murals can be lifelike, or more creative (see samples of the art).
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
You will be staying in our private Gecko Rooms with a shared bathroom (see pictures under PHOTOS).
In addition, we offer:
- a fully equipped Main Kitchen occasionally shared with some of our guests/renters
- filtered drinking water in your room and the kitchen
- a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach (which is not a surfing beach)
- 3 - 5 minute walk to grocery stores, affordable local restaurants, and live music bars
- inexpensive local buses, that more or less take you wherever you want to go, and
- on site host.
We do NOT OFFER FOOD as part of the exchange as we have a Shared Kitchen, and food in Mexico is inexpensive, both in Mexican restaurants and if you prepare your own food.
We are a drug and alcohol free house. Yet there are a lot of options to party in the neighborhood.
What to do locally:
The Bay of Banderas offers surfing, boogie boarding, wind surfing, surf kiting, fishing, turtle egg laying watch, hiking, local markets, artisans, Huichol Indian crafts, sailing and whale watching (November till April) thru contacts in the La Cruz Marina.
In addition the Bay of Banderas offers a network of very affordable local buses, that run every 10 - 15 min, both
* south into Puerto Vallarta and its attractions as a major city with a population of 200,000 people, and
* north into Sayulita (about 1 hour each way) and San Pancho (about 90 min each way), which are 2 Mexican tourist destination villages on the Pacific ocean.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
12-15 hours a week (meals not included)
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: