We are a Nature Reserve and non-profit initiative for the study, in-vitro reproduction and reintroduction in the wild of native Colombian orchid species. As advocates of the nature conservation, we initiated a process of ecological restoration and endangered species conservation in the area and socialize about the native fauna and flora trough different media (talks, leaflets, videos). As means achieve our objectives, we offer lodging in two cabins, all the buildings on the property are eco-friendly. We also offer birding and orchid watching tours, and orchid culture courses. We are located in an Andean mountain at 2700 MAMSL, 15 minutes away from the town of Tenjo - Cundinamarca and a 45 minute drive away from the capital city of Colombia, Bogotá. Surrounded by places of religious importance for our indigenous ancestors and rupestrian art as a reminder of them.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
The town of Tenjo is a 17 minute walk away from our property, there you will find many restaurants, cafes, museums, a local farmers market, artisan shops, a church, and a nice bar. The tourist information office will be glad to inform you of the cultural events taking place. You can take the bus to the neighboring town Tabio to visit and enjoy the hot springs and horse-riding, which is a 15 minutes drive from us. Or take the bus to the town of Zipaquira and visit the salt-cathedral. If you wish to stay in the property, there is a billiard table, plenty of board games, a BBQ, chimney, plenty of books and various trails to hike in the nature reserve and learn from birds and orchids from us. Even hike all the way to the Peña de Juaica, a mountain famous for supernatural occurrences. We hope you'll be able to enjoy nature and connect with it and yourself.
According to your abilities and preferences informed in the interview, your tasks can be:
-Sewing foreing trees and replace them planting native trees.
-Gardening (f.e.mantenaince of the gardens and the orchids and trees planted in the forest, cut the grass)
-Upgrade the eco-trails (signalization, railing)
-Crafting of specific structures (f.e. birding tower, plant-table)
-Maintenance (f.e. painting, fixed and repair orchidarium and cabin structure)
- You will not be attending guests, however.
Please tell us if you have special skills that can be helpful to our initiative and are not contemplated. We'll rather have you enjoy your volunteer work e.g. landscaping, cooking for the team, crow funding, video maker...
Please let us know a little about you. We are glad to know to about:
-Do you have any experience with nature conservation?
-Do you have any experience with landscaping?
-Do you have any experience volunteering?
-How do you think you can contribute to our initiative? (skills, abilities o formation you think might be useful and you enjoy to use)
-Do you have any dietary restriction, allergy or healt condition we need to prepare for beforehand?
-What do you expect from your experience as voluteer with us?
-Are you a smoker?
-Do you has been vaccinated for covid 19?
Englisch: Gute Kenntnisse
What we offer:
- You'll be accommodated: in a cozy cabin with private bathroom, hot shower, biodegradable soap, shampoo; also towels and bed sheets.
- We'll offer you breakfast, a little snack at 10:00 am, lunch, dinner, unlimited filtered water, tea, coffee, etc. for 5 days a week (work days ).
- Full use of all the social zones in the property,
- You can wash your clothes with our biodegradable detergent.
- Well give you 3 tours: Orchids, bird sighting, Tenjo town.
- We are vegetarian friendly and speak a little bit of German too.
How to arrive:
- From Bogotá airport:
Take an uber to the portal 80 (bout 80000 COP or 25USD) . If you let us know with enough time in advance, can arrange for you to be picked up at the Tenjo Villa.
- From Bogotá Terminal Satélite del Norte: In the terminal, take the Aguila or Tisquesusa Buses to Tenjo.
- From Bogotá Centro Comercial Portal 80: Outside of the mall, in calle 80, take an intermunicipal bus to Tenjo (the Flota Águila or the Flota Tisquesusa buses).
-From Bogotá (any place) take an Uber to Tenjo (about 80000 COP or 25USD)
- Age 21 or older
- Respectful of different ways of living
- Willing to respect and connect to nature
- Have an appropriate travel-insurance
- Have an COVID vaccine certification
- Our volunteers will not be allowed to remain in our property under alcoholic intoxication or consuming illegal substances
- Allergy warning: We have two dogs. Please inform us beforehand of any allergies.
- Please use a face mask & social distance.
-Only foreing volunteers.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber nimmt gern Digital Nomads bei sich auf.
Maximum 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, with two full days off - MAXIMUM 32 HOURS A WEEK, MEALS INCLUDED
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: