We previously owned a local business for 25 years. I work one day a week at a winery and my husband works as a prison officer and runs the farm. Our son also lives and assists on the farm and is a lawyer.
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
We own a 133-acre farm in the North East Victorian district, Oxley Flats. We farm red deer. We are in the process of expanding our deer farming operation. Our focus is breeding red deer for velvet production and meat processing.
Our farm stay would be best suited to someone willing to get in and provide a hand around the farm and also possibly someone who shows an interest in deer husbandry.
At the moment, we are in the process of various tasks. We always have lots of different projects on the go.
• General farm work
• Feeding Deer
• Help with deer depends on the time of the year. This involves yarding and sorting deer to move into different paddocks, velvet stags, ear mark wearers etc.
Our farm stay would be best suited to someone willing to get in and provide a hand around an Australian Farm and for someone who shows an interest in deer husbandry.
House Accomodation. Own Room with queen size bed with ensuite with own shower and toilet.
Our region (North East Victoria) is very scenic. Some suggestions include:
• Local Wineries- our region is considered one of the greatest in the country for Wine (Brown Brothers)
• Mount Buffalo National Park
• Milawa Gourmet Region
• Australian Snow Resorts are all 1 hour away. (See Falls Creek Ski Resort or Mount Hotham for the best ski fields in Australia)
• Woolshed Falls, Beechworth.
• Bright, Victoria.
• Lots of riding and walking tracks in close proximity (including Mt Buffalo,
• Fishing/Hunting- our region has public land access to fishing/hunting various species.
Our property is well-regarded farmland with neighbouring properties including dairy farms, cattle, sheep and wineries. We are the only deer farm in the region. Our property is home to a range of native animals. You could expect to see various animals including kangaroos, echidnas, possums, lizards, snakes, lots of birdlife- varying from a large range of parrots, finches, waterbirds, eagles etc.
Our Farm does not have public transport access. The nearest major town is a 7-minute drive and is Wangaratta, Victoria (30,000 population). We are happy to drop you and pick you up into town or other areas upon arrangement. We are also 5 minutes from the township of Milawa, Victoria.
We are happy to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner and arrange an outing in your spare time. We are easy going and would want to make sure you enjoy your experience as much possible, both on the farm and outside of our property. This is best suited to two people as sometimes work is needed to be done alone. It would be best enjoyed with another person.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
20-25 hours per week
My Photo Album